“Luxurious Stay”

Brewster House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I celebrated a belated honeymoon at Brewster House and couldn't have been happier. The owners (Scott and Ruth) were very welcoming, professional, personable, and made our stay amazing! The room we stayed in was magnificent and relaxing! Scott and Ruth also helped us to plan some of our activities including a sailing trip in Portland. The location was also amazing. We rented a car but didn't use it very much as we were able to walk to most of places we had planned to go. The breakfast was beyond wonderful. We will definitely visit Brewster again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is what a B&B should be. From our arrival to departure, Scott & Ruth were the prefect hosts, friendly and informative. The breakfast was great; our room and bath were exceptionally clean, as well as the entire house, a must for us! We will most certainly choose Brewster House when in the Freeport area!! Great job Scott & Ruth.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Freeport, Maine was a perfect place to stop on my summer road trip and the Brewster House was a perfect place to escape to. I am not sure what I enjoyed most, the awesome breakfast that Ruth and Scott served each day or my room, that made me feel like royalty. I throughly enjoyed both the quiet nature of the neighborhood, the short walk to ALL the shops, and warm welcome of Ruth and Scott and the other guest.

It took me a minute to adjust to the lack of diversity in Freeport, but the charm of Brewster House made me most comfortable. Next time I will stay longer as it made me a little sad to leave. Of special note is that I was traveling by myself and I encourage anyone who wants to be incognito that they will find both Brewster House and Freeport, a great place one ' a party of one.'

If you are looking for a welcoming Bed and Breakfast, where you don't have to worry about how clean it is, if the people are welcoming or if you will feel pampered, in a great get away city, with shopping, good food (did I say great food) and easy access to other points of interest, than Brewster House, in Freeport Maine is the place to be!

Room Tip: If you have never been to Maine give it a try!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Three of us spent a great weekend here. Friendly hosts, great food, and comfy, clean rooms. Spacious and very relaxing. We would definitely go back! We especially loved all the small complimentary extras like the Keurig machine in the room (!) and amazing cookies in the afternoon.

Room Tip: We liked the Harbor Suite since we could fit 3 people in 2 connecting rooms and share the bathroom...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Brewster House offered a perfect blend of classic and quaint comforts, from the warm welcome given by Scott & Ruth to the tastefully decorated rooms. Fresh baked cookies and tea are ready as we arrived. Luxuries such as warm fuzzy bathrobes and an in-room fire place made us feel like royalty. Their breakfast was superb and elegant. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We loved our stay at Brewster House! The Innkeepers, Scott & Ruth were lovely and very hospitable. The accommodations were very clean and quiet and the breakfast was the best we have had anywhere!! 5 star accommodations at a very reasonable rate. We will definately add this one to our favorites and plan to go back one day in the near future. I would definately recommend Brewster House to anyone!! As a hospitality manager myself, I will never stay in a hotel again as long as I can find a comparible B&B like Brewster House!! Location was perfect and lots to see and do in Freeport!

Room Tip: go for a two room suite, we loved having a separate TV area!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stop at Brewster House every year on my way to and from northern Maine. It's my oasis after a long drive (1100) miles up and my recharging stop before I start back down. Ruth and Scott are very welcoming and are always ready ideas for local meals and entertainment.
The rooms are comfortable and serene, nicely decorated without being overdone. Ruth's breakfasts are fabulous and she keeps track from year to year of any special food issues.

Add dinner and a blueberry margarita from the Azure Cafe and you have the perfect 24 hour respite.

Room Tip: If you really need a first floor room book early.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BrewsterHouseBB, Owner at Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thanks for sharing your impressions!

It is such a wonderful compliment to have guests return, time after time, and you are the perfect example of it! We're so glad we'll get to see you again this year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport
James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Brewster House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!