“Not Thrilled”

Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Freeport
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I sampled a number of traditional Whoopie Pies on my Maine vacation this month and I expected these to be the best after everything I read but was disappointed. The filling was too much like whip cream. The best one I think is Moody's Diner in Waldoboro, Maine.

There are newer reviews for Wicked Whoopies

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to the Freeport location and this place is sort of hard to find. It’s tucked in the back corner on the basement level of a building with no real signage pointing you in the right direction. We did find it however and got two whoopies to enjoy then and two for later. It was hard to pick just a few flavors as they all sounded delicious. We first tried the red velvet and coconut. They were good, but I found them both overly sweet and a bit too big. We could have shared one and that would have been plenty. Our second whoopies we had a few days later. We had the oatmeal cream and maple. I found the oatmeal to be very good – my favorite of all four for sure. The maple was also very good, but again quite sweet in my opinion. The ones we saved held up extremely well even in a hot car and being thrown in and out of luggage. If you like whoopee pies I would suggest seeking this place out.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are pretty good at judging whoopie pies since we have had many homemade Amish whoopie pies and several other "speciality" whoopie pies in the last 30 years. We had NEVER seen so many varieties of pies! They had a five pound one that would take the place of a cake and make quite a surprise for someone. They had mini pies. They had chocolate covered pies, which of course, we had to bring back for our daughter. It too was a mini pie. Just right for a diet conscious person. My husband purchased about five different flavors of pies to fly with us back home to Indiana! The staff was helpful and so kind. The pies last 7 to 10 days (I put them in Ziplock bags). They can also be frozen and are delicious when taken out of the freezer. Look for this establishment because it is right when you enter Freeport and if you aren't looking you will miss it. Don't miss it, you will be sorry !!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried a few flavors and they were delicious very true to their names. For me though they were too big I would have appreciated if all the flavors came in the "mini" size (which is still very filling) instead of just their classic. They have a great selection of beverages and the little old lady behind the counter was so funny I could have chatted with her all day! If you have a sweet tooth this is defiantly the place for you!!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited Wicked Woopies a number of time while spending a week in Freeport, and we were never disappointed! The staff was very friendly and helpful and the whoopies were out of this world. My husband and I liked getting a cup of coffee, a whoopie and sit down at one of their tables for a few minutes . It was great!

Been to Wicked Whoopies? Share your experiences!