“Expected more”

Dining options: Takeout
Oakland, Maine
“Expected more”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

They look pretty but we tried several flavors each and all were lackluster. There was condensation under the wrappers so the texture of the cake was a bit wet and sticky. There was a small amount of trans fat in them. Expected better based on the reviews.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank TNinME

Halifax, Canada
“No more whoopie pies for me”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Decided to visit this place based on the TA reviews and really wished we hadn't. We'd tried a whoopie pie from a lovely bakery in Lubec (wonderful chocolate cake, didn't like the filling) and were expecting the offerings here to be better.
Tried the original, chocolate covered and choc chip cookie and hated all of them - the cake / cookie bits tasted of plastic and the fillings were horrible.
The service was mixed - one lady was extremely helpful but the other just seemed somewhat confused.
Agree with the other posters that the shop would be much nicer if it were actually a bakery, and also that the products were reasonably priced.

NYS
“Wonderful Wicked Whoopies Wow”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Food Type: Regional American - a cake that looks like a cookie product with frosting in the middle

Food Quality: Top notch, I worked in a restaurant that made and distributed whoopi pies, these are better. Since the pies are made at another location The well thought out packaging makes a huge difference. Most foods of this type are shrink or tightly wrapped. These folks use a harder plastic like you will use for wrapping candy. In fact some of the pies are wrapped like candy. The superior packaging prevents the pie from sticking to the wrapper, make the pie more enjoyable. We had chocolate covered, original, peanut butter, velvet, dark forest and vanilla pies. All are great. We have determined to have some shipped to us.

Service and Staff: The people serving have great pride and have taken ownership of the quality of the product and the service they provide. Nice job.

Pricing: Starting with satisfying servings of less than $1 the most expensive single item I saw was $15. This is a great value that still makes the business plenty of profit so I predict that we will see them for years to come.

Parking: Street parking is available, as well as the large municipal parking lots farther down the same block.

Location: At 32 Main St, they are very near the middle of town without the craziness of Bean and the Outlets.

Restroom/toilet quality: Didn’t check this.

Would I visit here again? This is out second visit. I have been lax in my review writing.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DrOfAvarici
Tampa, Florida
“OK if you need a whoopie”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Told my kids that they had to have whoopie pies when visiting Maine. We ran into this place and got a few minis. As others have stated, this is not a restaurant or bakery. The whoopie pies are obviously made somewhere else and this place does not have a cozy bakery/cafe feel or smell. The kids thought that the giant whoopie pies one display were amazing. I was surprised (not sure if in a good or bad way) by all of the flavors offered. Aren't whoopie pies just chocolate with white filling? Tasted fine, kids were happy, but not sure how fresh everything is since it's made off premises. Eh.

Middle of Nowhere, USA
“Whoa! This Place is GREAT”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Okay, so I never had a whoopie pie before I went to Maine. I read about them in the Maine travel guide that the state sent me & saw this place on TripAdvisor so I told the wife I wanted to try it. She was amazed I'd never had one and said we should go. The place is pretty hidden down the street from LL Bean but it was worth the search. In a three day period I think we bought about nine of these things and they were ALL worth it. Whatever Wicked Whoopies is doing, they are doing it right. So many good flavors to choose from but I have to recommend the Maple and the Chocolate Lover's.

If you are in Freeport and don't go here you are making a huge mistake!

• Visited June 2012

Been to Wicked Whoopies? Share your experiences!