“Winter Wonderland Wedding”

Harraseeket Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We were married at the Harraseeket Inn during a blizzard in and went back (during another snow storm) for our anniversary. Both experiences were wonderful. Every detail was taken care of for us during our wedding event and we were welcomed back with the same level of warmth and customer service on our return. Our room was a king with fireplace, wet bar, deep tub, and sofa bed. The room felt HUGE. I wish I knew where they got their bed linens and what they washed them in because they had to be the softest I've ever slept in. Afternoon tea and the breakfast buffet were added bonuses that did not disappoint. The fireplaces, atmosphere, and location make the Harraseeket and ideal winter getaway with classic New England charm.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wedding memories! We're so glad you enjoyed your return visit. We use an environmentally friendly "green" rated detergent in our laundry made by "First Mark". Sadly, our 600 count Egyptian cotton sheets have been discontinued by the manufacturer and we have picked out replacement linens that we hope live up to our guests' expectations. If they do, we'll be offering them for sale in our gift shop!

There are newer reviews for Harraseeket Inn

Reviewed January 31, 2012

this was a perfect getaway to finish shopping and relax before the hub bub of the holidays got into full swing. the staff was warm and extremely cordial through out the stay and the meals were exceptional both in the tavern and the dining romm an't wait to return

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Inn just recently and we had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect. From the turn down service at night to the breakfast in the morning. We loved the new outdoor fire pit! Thank you so much and we look forward to visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: Find a room with a fireplace. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband surprised me by taking me here this past Christmas weekend. I was 9 months pregnant, and really needed the getaway! This place is in a great location to walk to all of the shopping and restaurants downtown. It is a nice cross between an inn and a hotel: all the conveniences and amenities of a hotel, but the quaint feeling of an inn. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning as well as tea time in the afternoon. Teatime took place by a fireplace in a large lounge area, where we got to talk to other guests at the hotel (mind you we were the youngest there, most of the guests were older couples). The heated indoor pool felt AWESOME, and we had a very nice jacuzzi tub in our room which I also found very relaxing. The "gym" is not worth your time, but if you're on vacation why bother go to the gym anyway.

Staff and service was overall very good. At night it is very quiet. We slept great every night. My only complaint was the bed was quite hard, but I still was able to sleep well on it. Its a personal preference.

I would recommend this hotel for a nice getaway. It is family friendly, close to all the attractions, and overall very well managed and maintained. Although I went in the wintertime, I can see how it would be a great place to visit in the summer too.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub- worth the little bit of extra money in my opin...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We're so glad you enjoyed your romantic getaway. Our mattresses are Serta Presidential Pillow Top but we also have toppers for those who like an extra soft sleep! We hope next time you visit you bring your newest family member!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have a certain fondness for the Harraseeket Inn. It is about 2 hours from home and makes for a great quick weekend getaway. The past couple of stays my husband and I got a room with a fireplace. What a treat! The rooms are nicely appointed. Nothing too fancy. I love the smell of the place when you walk in. They have fires going in the lobby and common rooms. Such a treat on a cold winters day. The afternoon tea is excellent. Very relaxing. Dinner is the Maine dining room was exceptional. The server remembered us from our stay 3 years ago. They make you feel like family. The Harraseeket will always be one of my favorite places.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We loved our stay at the Harraseeket during the New Year's Weekend. Everything was fantastic--- the inn, the breakfast, the tavern, the afternoon tea, the Suite, and especially the service. Everyone at the inn was very accomodating. Thanks for a wonderful stay in Freeport.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The answer in our opinion is a resounding yes!! We have been going there from our home on the outskirts of London England for the week after Thanksgiving for the last 14 years. Why? The Inn is one of the friendliest and most comfortable establishment of its type that we have encountered in our extensive travels. Plus the shopping in Freeport is great. The Maine dining room - their flagship restaurant is excellent and good value for money - which is why we have dinner there every night of our stay. Again the staff are attentive and very friendly - we get greeted like old friends when we first appear for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review to start our New Year! We hope one day you get a chance to visit for Christmas. The town looks so beautiful and the sales right after the holidays are just amazing. Best wishes for 2012.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Casco Bay Inn
Casco Bay Inn
#3 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Harraseeket Inn? Share your experiences!