“Just in town”

Ranked #33 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Seafood
“Just in town”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Wanted Lobster and beer and decided on this place as we had been before. Friendly at door but once on upstairs deck things got decidedly worse. Our server was very young and seemed very into pushing us through.
Apps were ok, steamed clams, seafood cake and clam Chowder (a little salty.) Our beers were fine but with a little attention on the servers part, he wouldn't have to run up to the bar in three trips. Dinner was miserable for my companions. They both got lobster rolls which they felt were completely void of taste. I had a Lobster Cesar salad which other than the abundance of croutons was fine. My lobster tail which sat on top of the salad was just a tad dry but it did not lack in flavor. Server wanted to drop check and be done. No thought to asking if we'd like coffee ( yes) dessert (probably ). By then our guest from New Orleans wanted out as badly as server seemed to want us to go.
I don't recommend sitting outside on second floor. Loud and tight quarters. Id give two stars but I realize young servers have to start somewhere. Here's my suggestion: spend time on training and convey more food and drink ordered equals larger tab equals larger tip. BTW just cause we are boomers, doesn't mean we are cheap. As most of family is in restaurant business, we tip VERY well for good service and 20 for the rest.

1 Thank Barbara B

Waterville, Maine
“Did not get any bang for my buck”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

When we first arrived a very nice young lady opened the door for us. However, it went down hill from there. We were very disapointed. The lobster roll was dry and really had no taste. And the strawberry short cake was disappointing also. Sorry Linda we will not be going back to your eatery. This is the second time we ate there and it still was not that good at all!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank connie r
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A good place to eat while Shopping”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were in Maine for 10 days I never eat a lobster until the last day of our trip. We ate at Linda Bean's on our last day of our trip. Great location good food. I wish our waitress had told us we had an option with our lobster roll I would have preferred Butter instead of mayo. The onion rings were really good. I did like the fact they allow you 2 different sizes with the Lobster roll. Of course my husband got the biggest and ate every bit of his Lobster roll. We will go back but this time I will ask for A lobster roll with butter instead of Mayo.The weather was perfect for sitting outside.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank sudiemccoolmoyse
Guilford, Maine
“Would definitely eat here again!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Not only is this place in the perfect location, but the food was great. It has a great bar upstairs if you wanted to socialize in the evening, although we didn't get to do that due to time. The atmosphere was excellent and staff was willing to go the extra mile if there were any mix-ups. We gave it a shot despite the 3 star review average. It will be a normal stop for us in the future!

Washington D.C. Metro Area
“Not Maine's finest”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Before our visit to the LL Bean flagship store, we stopped at this little street vendor type place, where I had a small sized lobster roll. I only wanted a small lunch and was happy to find a place that offered the smaller size. Unfortunately, although I liked the convenience, the lobster roll itself was quite lackluster. I had one that was far better near Portland in a gourmet grocery store days earlier that was to die for! The lobster here was somewhat flavorless and overdressed, and the bun was not buttery like most lobster roll buns. I was disappointed and it was not inexpensive. I don't mind paying higher prices for a good quality food, but this was not it. I've had many lobster rolls and this one is simply not up to snuff.

• Visited October 2013