“Great location, great food”

Linda Bean s Perfect Maine Lobster Roll
Ranked #30 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Castle, New Hampshire
“Great location, great food”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stumbled into this restaurant late at night and had a wonderful meal with friends. Highly recommend it!

Visited September 2012

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Excellent Lobsta Roll”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I were in Freeport, ME shopping at LL Bean and we stopped in to Linda Bean's for a lobster roll. We were told that this was their specialty. We enjoyed them very much. The lobster was plentiful in the roll. You will definitely enjoy it.

• Visited September 2012
Oronoco, Minnesota
“Fabulous sweet potato fries”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I was concerned when I read the reviews and we tried is anyway! It took seven minutes for a server to take our order and we received our foor in in 20 minutes. Our whole lunch experience was about 45 minutes. My guest ordered the onion soup (delicious) and the Simpson (Maine) burger. The onion relish was excellent and the bun was yummy. I ordered the shrimp roll which came with chips and slaw. I substituted sweet potato fries for the chips for $2.50 extra. THAT was a wise choice. They were the best sweet potato fries I've ever had! The slaw was not seasoned at all, very bland. The shrimp roll was o.k. I requested cocktail sauce for it.

Augusta, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected better”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It was our first lunch at Linda Beans and we were switched from waitress to waitress. We ate upstairs on the balcony which was nice but cramped. I ordered unsweetened iced tea which was very good...bold flavored not watered down. The lobster roll I ordered was terrible. I am from Maine and this is not something I would want tourists to remember as our famous Maine lobster. The "hot dog" bun was stale, obviously had been grilled hours before and then refrigerated prior to adding the measly amount of lobster. Definitely not a $17.00 value. Two claws were placed on top of a few knuckles with a sweet mayo dressing. The homemade potato chips were attractive, but too hard to chew...they would have made a nice faux decoration. My husband ordered the fried chicken fingers with fries and they were good. The nice mustard type sauce was very good. We are $40.00 poorer, and still hungry.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kimberley M
Boise, Idaho
“Average seafood”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Lobster fettuccine was gluey and over-priced but the blueberry cocktail was good. Claim to fame is the relation to LL Bean.

Visited September 2012