“Cozy, comfortable, and convenient”
Review of Applewood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freeport
Applewood Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first night of a week-long New England driving trip. It set the tone for our vacation!

Jay and his family have created a lovely atmosphere in this delightful B&B.
The rooms were well-equipped and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious and the family-style dining provided an opportunity to chat with fellow guests. Service was impeccable. The inn is within easy walking distance to LLBean and other outlets.

Thanks to Jay and his family for providing just the right start for our "New England Adventure."

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Applewood Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Jay and Jennifer offer a wonderful option for folks looking to stay in Freeport. Very close to the outlets, if that is what you are looking for (it was not for us). We booked 4 rooms as part of a high school gathering of my closest friends. The rooms were spotless, roomy, bedding was very comfortable and the Inn is very nicely appointed throughout. Great care has gone into making stays here memorable. Jay derived much pleasure from how much we enjoyed ourselves at the inn, and was able to strike the balance between being engaged with us while not being intrusive. Each of us found the Inn to be very quiet, despite its being so close to the bustling activity in town. Give this place a try...I don't think you will be disappointed.

Tom Zenaty

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I arrived Friday afternoon for one night and despite the hustle and bustle of guests, we were greeted promptly and warmly by Jay and Jennifer. He showed us to our room, which was beautiful and very spacious (the Jay suite). After settling in we headed out to eat and shop, Jay gave us personalized food recommendations that were excellent. Back at the inn, the king bed was very comfortable with lots of cozy pillows, bathroom was very nice. In the morning, we had to leane a little early, Jay and his father (the breakfast chef) were very accomodating and chatted with us as we ate. We highly recommend this very clean, beautiful and inviting B&B, it was a little expensive for our budget, but worth the splurge!

Room Tip: Jay suite was very clean, spacious, comfortable and cute!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I have probably traveled to Freeport 30 times over the past 20 years, and never knew this inn existed. It is on a small street off of busy Main Street, very close to the outlets in downtown Freeport, yet it is not noisy at all. A glitch in our reservations at another Freeport Inn landed us at the Applewood, sight unseen. Jay, the innkeeper welcomed us with open hands, and put us at ease immediately. Once you walk in the door, you are in the middle of the very homey and large kitchen. To the left is the dining room, where there is a very long table set for breakfast. Jay offered to help us up the stairs with our bags, and give us our choice of rooms. We chose Room #7, which was decorated beautifully with a king-sized bed, and a very roomy bathroom. Each room has it's own temperature controls, which is great, as it became very cold and windy outside. The best part of the stay, however, was waking up in the morning,and breakfasting with the other guests. Along with Jay's conversation, and that of his son, we all quickly felt as if we were old friends. As we spoke, Jay took our orders and presented all of us with a delicious breakfast. Special orders weren't a problem, and everyone seemed happy. Although our visit here was unplanned, we hope to plan another one soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It surprises me to say that it has been 3 years since we stayed at this B&B. Ignore the 'When Did We Travel' date as the website insisted that we post one but only gave a year to choose from.

My new husband and I had decided to take a road trip down through the New England states from Ottawa. We were saving up to go to England in 2011 so we thought it was apropo to see 'New' England in anticipation of the 'Old'.

Since my hubbie is a big guy, we usually try to find places which provide king-sized beds since it is just more comfortable and Applewood happened to have them. We stayed in the Jenn Suite which was at the top of a steep flight of stairs but worth the climb. It was quiet and secluded as there was no near neighbours. The bed was very comfortable, everything was clean and the bathroom was lovely.

Every morning, Jay would meet us in the kitchen and whip us up something yummy for breakfast. I couldn't pass up his delicious french toast and my husband truly enjoyed the plentiful coffee.

The ambience was relaxed and since the Yilmaz family lives in another house across the street, we didn't feel like we were in their space and they weren't in ours. I do remember Jay jokingly offering me a job cause I liked to tidy up after myself.

We are planning to head back to Maine and we hope that the Applewood will be available since it was such a delightful experience.

Also, their lemonade stand on Main St was very yummy (nice and sour) and the Inn was so convenient to walk to everything.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just returned home after a wonderful visit to Freeport for a little Christmas shopping. We spent the night at a lovely B & B, the Applewood Inn, We arrived late, but our key was waiting for us and our room was beautifully designed, warm, cozy and very clean. We enjoyed a delicious dinner this morning cooked and served by the family that own the inn. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Kids loved the suite with the loft. The breakfast was excellent and the coffee just to my liking. Facilities were first rate and the location is right in Town backing on LL Bean. What sets this place apart is the people who run it. They work hard to satisfy and go above and beyond to make our vacation pressure free.

• Stayed: August 2012