“Now Freeport Chowder House.....Don't bother.”
Review of Morrison's Chowder House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Now it is called Freeport Chowder House, no wonder I couldn't find a review. When we went in at lunch time there were no customers - first clue. We ordered the seafood chowder because the menu said it included shrimp, scallops, clams and white fish. It was actually a potato chowder with very few pieces of white fish for $8.00. The fish sandwich promised to be on a grilled roll but came on limp whole wheat bread. When I requested tarter sauce I was handed two little packages of tarter sauce and the french fries were undercooked. You order at the counter and pick it up yourself when it's ready. It is $$ cost for $ value. I would not recommend it

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I'm a newb first timer. I had a huge plate of delicious fried clams best in a long time...Also had a heaping bowl of clam chowder that was to die for...Service was prompt and courteous.Hence the big tip.I will be back for more on my next trip south...Catch ya next time on the flip side FCH!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

First time, but will not be my last. Coming from a 40 year old Mainer, this place is worth the trip from miles away. Affordable, friendly service, more than generous portions, clean and of course......A+ lobster stew and fried clams. It is a 50 minute drive each way for me, and it is worth every bit. I'll be heading back next week.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

The seafood chowder was ok, but not good enough to make up for the surly help behind the counter. It's a very informal place with a few tables inside. The place was not particularly clean in the dining area or behind the counter. I definitely would go somewhere else.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hands down this was the worst Chowder and Lobster Roll we have ever had

Chowder as others had said tasted like warm milk and flour, disgusting

To the owners of this place there is NO-WAY this is fresh lobster IT IS FROZEN LOBSTER MEAT !!!!

What a waste of $26 bucks

Steer clear this is not what a New England Lobster Roll and chowder should taste like