“every aspect was amazing”

Canterbury Royale Gourmet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2014

This is one of the (if not THE) greatest dining experiences I have ever had. From the moment we walked in the entire evening was wonderful. The food was the delectable and is one of those meals I will dream about. The service was terrific and the Chefs were delightful.

2  Thank redloveswine

Reviewed December 13, 2014

Having just moved from Ohio I was searching for a place my wife and I could celebrate our anniversary. When I found out about Canterbury I new we would be starting a new tradition but I had no idea that it would be the best meal either of us has ever had. I reserved the private room for the two of us and it was perfect. Starting with the bread and ending with coffee you can tell they pour their heart into every detail. Thank you Chefs for making it an anniversary to remember.

Reviewed November 30, 2014

We were absolutely impressed with every aspect of our dining experience including the decor, exceptional service, attention to detail and most of all of course the incredibly delicious food. The home made breads, particularly the olive bread, is amazing. We we're eight in our party and everyone without exception would return. Every course was fantastic. A European dining experience in Northern Maine....memorable.

Reviewed November 27, 2014 via mobile

Been here three times, and they were three of the best meals I've ever had. While it's true this place is expensive, it is more than worth it! Lots of individual attention (often you will be the only ones there), a spectacular, intimate setting, and many delicious courses over about two hours. Just be sure to come very hungry! Also, be sure to make reservations at least a few days in advance.

Reviewed November 6, 2014

It was the wife's birthday. We try to go to Canterbury Royale on all our speccial occasions. This was our third visit. Birthdays, and anniversarys. we started with a caramelized leek soup.I could taste sherry, and Bacon. It was simply wonderful.
Then came a salad. Pear with spring greens, cashews, pine nuts and Blue Cheese, Delicious.
Next was something I cannot pronounce, but had duck, a sauce on it, and a quail egg on toast.
Thee main course for the wife I cannot pronounce, but was made with chicken, and sauce. I had the filet mignnon with a twice baked potato, and squash with fried onions, and sausage.
I skip desert, and had their coffee. It taste great, and there is no bitterness. The wife had a cheesecake with gingersnap crust, and home whip cream.
Please do not let this scare you. The tab came $187.00 including tip. It was worth every penny.
The staff Barb, and Renee treat like you are special. The lighting helps to give it's romantic atmosphere.You feel like your in a real French restaurant.
If you are near Fort Fairfield Me. please do your self a favor, and have dinner here at least once. I promise you will not be sorry you did.

2  Thank Bob B