“Best Ice Cream”

Gifford's Famous Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Farmington
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just got back from this place, we have driven by several times and we finally stopped. i had pumpkin pie and bananas foster. It was WONDERFUL.!!!!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Being a bit health conscious, I stuck to the frozen yogurt on two of our three visits to Gifford's. Even that was outstanding. But if you aren't trying to watch your weight, I recommend that you indulge in their flavors that are themed to the state of Maine: Maine Wildberry (when in season), Maine Wild Blueberry, Maine Moose Tracks, Maine Deer Tracks, Maine Lobster Tracks, Maine Black Bear, and Maine Caramel Caribou. If you are traveling to anywhere in Maine where there is a Gifford's anywhere near, you should definitely NOT miss their ice cream.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Gifford's is a good old ice cream stand, with all the 'usual' items of cones, sundaes, shakes ("Frappes" ) etc. but with a tremendous array of traditional and one of kind flavors.

I've never had a Gifford's ice cream flavor I didnt love, and up until this year I was always THRILLED. I have been coming to Giffords since 1997 and my favorites have always been Maine Black Bear and Lobster Tracks. On a recent visit this year, I also tried "Muddy Boots".. I have to say that for the first time ever I was a bit disappointed in the amount of 'stuff' in the ice cream. There were very few red 'lobsters' in the Lobster Tracks (and they are no longer shaped like lobsters, kind of a shame); there were far fewer chocolate-raspberry cups in the Maine Black Bear. The Muddy Boots also did not seem up to the usual standard.

That being said, this is still amazing ice cream, And the shop in Farmington Is a total delight to visit. Service is always friendly and no matter how busy that get, they are quick and polite.

I will keep returning, it's not summer in Maine without Giffords, but I do hope they will up their quality control back to their usual very high standards. I love you Giffords.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Since I moved away from Maine, I miss being able to get the most delicious ice cream EVER. It is so creamy and full of all of the good "stuff" you expect from this brand of treats. I miss Moose Tracks, Wild Blueberry and Caramel Caribou the most. ROAD TRIP!!!! The prices may seem a bit high, but the servings are large and very filling. The sundaes are to die for, with real whipped cream and lots of toppings. The first day of each new season is "free small cone day", and the last day is usually a good deal on whatever they have left in the coolers! Can't wait to get my "fix" when I go up north next month...YUMMY!!!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is the best ice cream ever. Every flavor is a favorite.Service is excellent and it is a local business