“My favorite Ice Cream”

Gifford's Famous Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Farmington
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Gifford's is a good old ice cream stand, with all the 'usual' items of cones, sundaes, shakes ("Frappes" ) etc. but with a tremendous array of traditional and one of kind flavors.

I've never had a Gifford's ice cream flavor I didnt love, and up until this year I was always THRILLED. I have been coming to Giffords since 1997 and my favorites have always been Maine Black Bear and Lobster Tracks. On a recent visit this year, I also tried "Muddy Boots".. I have to say that for the first time ever I was a bit disappointed in the amount of 'stuff' in the ice cream. There were very few red 'lobsters' in the Lobster Tracks (and they are no longer shaped like lobsters, kind of a shame); there were far fewer chocolate-raspberry cups in the Maine Black Bear. The Muddy Boots also did not seem up to the usual standard.

That being said, this is still amazing ice cream, And the shop in Farmington Is a total delight to visit. Service is always friendly and no matter how busy that get, they are quick and polite.

I will keep returning, it's not summer in Maine without Giffords, but I do hope they will up their quality control back to their usual very high standards. I love you Giffords.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Since I moved away from Maine, I miss being able to get the most delicious ice cream EVER. It is so creamy and full of all of the good "stuff" you expect from this brand of treats. I miss Moose Tracks, Wild Blueberry and Caramel Caribou the most. ROAD TRIP!!!! The prices may seem a bit high, but the servings are large and very filling. The sundaes are to die for, with real whipped cream and lots of toppings. The first day of each new season is "free small cone day", and the last day is usually a good deal on whatever they have left in the coolers! Can't wait to get my "fix" when I go up north next month...YUMMY!!!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is the best ice cream ever. Every flavor is a favorite.Service is excellent and it is a local business

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Giffords is a defining summer memory for me. I grew up locally and it was a weekly (at least) treat. Favorite flavors include, chocolate moose tracks, mississippi mud pie, chocolate lover's chocolate and chocolate chip cookie dough. All the icecreams are creamy and full of flavor. Sit at one of the picnic tables, or bring the kids across the street to Hippach Field Playground, it is a fun treat for everyone.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Flavorful, creamy and fabulous ice cream! We live locally and usually buy the half-gallons to bring home and enjoy there. It is not the cheapest, but definitely the best ice cream around. Our favorites are Moose Tracks and plain Chocolate. Whether or not their Grape-Nut ice cream is better than Taste of the Tropics in Brooklyn, NY. Hmmmm. Hard to say. But we LOVE Giffords. And they have cute tee-shirts for $10. Check it out.