“Burger was awesome .”

Cuisines: American
Waterville, Maine
“Burger was awesome .”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had Carolina wings and a burger, Both were awesome..Service was good considering it was a busy Friday night

• Visited October 2013

Mount Vernon, Maine
“Known for Its Wings, has Vegetarian Appetizers & Outdoor Seating”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Roost serves pub grub in a basement space and would be be pretty unremarkable except for two things. First, in warmer months there is outside seating out back: Nice. Two, there are some tasty appetizers: Fried pickles and other vegetables, which make for interesting change of change of pace from nachos and potatoes. The chicken wings that the Roost is known for are good, but not great. It's not worth going out of your way to go here, but the Roost is a decent option when visiting Farmington or just passing through.

• Visited July 2013
Farmington, Maine
“adequate, but not great”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Roost came to Farmington at a good time. The Granary-a long time favorite in town-had closed and there was definitely an opening for another place to gather. I wish that The Roost had thought to put in a brick oven pizza oven as I'm not a fan of wings and the burgers are way too big. I was there for one of the Bruins playoff games and they had most of the tv's on the game, but about half of them were a few seconds delayed from the other half so it was very hard to watch and I'd hear people cheering about a goal before I'd see it on the tv nearest to me. My server said that they should have turned off half of the tvs and I think she was right! The Roost does a good job with keeping people coming back for karaoke on Friday night (from what I hear), but Saturday's seem dead. Beer is good, service is friendly and the basement feel with lack of windows is OK at night. Overall, I find this place hit or miss.

• Visited June 2013
East Wilton
“Better placed in this town...”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Sandwiches were plan and poor flavor. Very limitted choices in general- for a chicken sandwich they offered ketchup or mayonaise- ok... I think it is a place to drink not eat.

Visited January 2013
Portland, Maine
“Wow! Totally ROTTEN hamburger! It was foul...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Could be a fun place I suppose. Decent bar and ok layout. There was no one there - stopped by with the kids on a Saturday. It took a very long time for our order to arrive - tho our server was attentive enough and very pleasant. We had never been there before and were looking forward to lunch having been on the road. I took one bite from my burger and I can tell you I've never smelled or tasted more rotten meat. It was disgusting! They did take it off my tab along with my salad - but I literally can't get the smell off me!! Bottom line: AVOID this place!!

1 Thank AlphaPuppy

Been to The Roost? Share your experiences!