“Food was EXCELLENT, service not so much”

GrantLee's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food was AMAZING. As for service, the staff was very friendly however I am assuming rather new. It is a rather small restaurant and it seemed luke they were still working on getting things organized. Definately not a deal breaker in going back because slow friendly service with great food makes it worth the trip. My husband had so much food he couldnt finish his BBQ meal. I tried some of his ribs and pulled pork and loved it. My chicken was delicous as well. I had only two complaints. First one was my southern style green beans were from a can and second was that you couldnt order from the sandwich or burger menu in a friday night. Would definitely try it again if in thecarea and looking for a place to eat!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Warm bread and whipped butter. I had the brisket platter with baked beans and slaw. Good food, good service.

They have some nice appetizers too. My only wish is that they had some BBQ sausage. I like this place and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to GrantLee's in Farmington with the family on a recent Sunday. There were 7 of us, so we sat outside so we could have a little more room. This was my 3rd trip here, keep coming back because this is the BEST BBQ in Maine (outside of mine, of course.)

My son and his friend had the BBQ platter that comes with 1/4 Rack of Ribs, 1/2 lb of pulled pork, 1/3 lb of Brisket, and Texas toast. Neither of them could eat their whole meal, and that says a lot as they are both former Marines and were very hungry. They loved everything about it.

My son in law had the smoked meatloaf and he said it was very good and he would definitely order it again. I had the pulled pork. Very good taste.

The bbq sauces are really good, I prefer the smokey sauce over the others.

All in all, a great meal. The only criticism my wife and I had was the hush puppies. Kind of lacking in flavor, but it really didn't distract from the meal.

One note. The pictures shown are not of GrantLee's in Farmington, ME. I'm assuming they are from the New Smyrna Beach, FL GrantLee's, same owners. Just trying to avoid confusion for anyone coming from away.

1  Thank FLIrishK9
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a find! Smoked meat variety of BBQ, with choice of sauces at the table. I had the chicken -- very tender and moist, while very thoroughly smoked through. Different than this New Englander has ever had... All sorts of traditional sides. Hush puppies were great! Wish I could have tried others, too. Also non-BBQ items. Too filling to try desserts...

Friendly service and total bill came to just around $40 for two entrees, a tea and two drinks...

Wondering why there are not more reviews -- GrantLee's is great!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very polite and nice people.I personally met Rick and Vicki and they were very friendly.I will definately stop in every time im in town.Very cool civil war stuff too.

1  Thank Mhazelto79