“Great find”

Thai Smile & Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Biddeford, Maine
“Great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was in Farmington recently on business and heard about Thai Smile from a few of the locals. What a great find. It's tucked away on a side street so it's a little hard to find but well worth it. The menu is broad and has a great deal of selections. I had the Fresh Spring Rolls for an app and the Bamboo shoots with Tofu and a spicy sauce. Both were excellent. It was so good I went back for lunch the next day and had Miso Soup and some cucumber rolls. I was not disappointed.

Two other things to add. Prices are a little high compared to what I have sen at other Thai and Sushi places down in the Portland and Southern Maine area but I think it's worth it. Second is they have almost 50 beers on tap. I can safely say that's the first time I have ever seen this at a Thai restuarant. It's quite an array too, from Guinness and Murphy's Stout to Stella Artois and an Angry (TripAdvisor blocked the second part of the name. Ugh) ( I think that was the name) from Nevada which I sampled. Wasn't a fan but it may be worth sampling to see if you are.

Staff was great too. Very attentive and friendly.

• Visited April 2012

Farmington, Maine, United States
“strange food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I found this restaurant expensive and the portions too big. I would probably go one more time to be sure I didn't like it

Visited November 2011
Maine
“Hooray!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Love, love, love, love, love having a Thai restaurant in town. Having a GREAT Thai restaurant is almost more than I could dream of. Everything I've ever had there was yummy. I am very partial to the Massaman Curry. The curry puffs are another particular favorite. Now they deliver, life is great.

1 Thank scrappingtwinmom
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Farmington Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is very good Thai food and the bar has 15 beers on draft. Compared to the chinese restaurants in this town Thai Smile is Outstanding! The waitress we had wasn't great but the restaurant has only been open for four months so hopefully she will improve. The night we went the room was filled - not loud and noisy but a steady background noise. The owner is an experienced restauranteur, this being his third restaurant and he certainly got it right in Farmington.

• Visited December 2011
Wells, Maine
“DIssappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Although we were thrilled to have a Thai restaurant in Farmington, we were dissapointed with the food.
I love pad thai, but not as flavorful as it should be.
Other entrees seems like the chicken, shrimp etc was added to the dishes at the end instead of being cooked with the entree so that it all melds together. Maybe this is a quick way to come up with lots of different dishes...just not very flavorful.
Prices a bit high for area, too.
Great looking bar although we weren't drinking that night.

• Visited November 2011