“Kid Free Night Out”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Thai food so when we had a night out we chose this new restaurant. We ordered 3 meals with the intent to take one home(did I mention we love Thai). Every meal was fabulous. We had pumpkin curry(recommended by waiter), orange chicken and drunken noodle. Loved it all and took home less than expected. Restaurant is very clean, nicely designed with a cool bar that I will visit the next time we visit. I would recommend reservations - the place was hopping.

1  Thank Localfour

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Let's just start that Pom (the owner of this and several other Thai restaurants) is one of the most impressive businesswomen I've ever known. I've said that to her when my wife and I first starting coming to her first place and it continues with Orchid Thai!

Like all Pom's restaurants, it's beautiful. Yet again she has done a magnificent job in decorating - and one of the many things I love about Pom is each is unique - and my wife and I are always comfortable in any of her authentic Thai restaurants.

The food? Well, here again Pom "hits it out of the park" with exquisite taste (literally and figuratively) and there's no question that Falmouth has scored a home-run - sorry for the baseball analogies - with Pom's newest and most lovely of places to dine.

Congratulations Pom and you know you'll be seeing us again before too long!

1  Thank theghostwriter
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love Thai food, so I couldn't wait for Orchid Thai to open in my neighborhood. It was packed on Saturday night so we had to wait quite some time for a table/service, but it was well worth it. We tried a few different apps and main dishes and everything was CRAZY GOOD. Full of flavor, not too heavy, perfect portions. Could not have been more impressed with the food/ambiance. The service was a little slow, but it was insanely busy so I'm not really factoring that in.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed October 31, 2013

i've never really been thrilled with Thai food; it has been OK, a lot of it just didn't appeal to me. This place opened in our home town of Falmouth a few weeks ago and it is safe to say I'm a convert. We went there last Friday night. First of all, it is in one of those spaces where you just don't know if anything is going to succeed. Well, they did a first rate job of decorating; very stylish, great lighting, wall waterfall and a laser logo, very cool lit bar. The service was a little dicey as they just didn't expect the response, but once we got their attention they couldn't have been more apologetic; sent a gratis appetizer our way. Good beer and wine selection. We had steamed butterflies (dumplings), Singapore noodles with chicken and shrimp, my wife had a beef salad, chicken satay, and a thai sausage called Sai-auo. The presentation, service, tastes and atmosphere were terrific. As we were finishing the owner - Pom - came over and talked with us for ten minutes. She was delightful. The more traditional dishes were great but the new ones were extraordinary. Can't recommend it highly enough. My wife's already been back with her daughter. Try it and support the restaurant community in Falmouth. Terrific.

3  Thank chimayred