“Total Reincarnation: Fabulous Food in a Fabulous Placce”
Review of Dockside Grill

Dockside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cumberland Foreside Maine
“Total Reincarnation: Fabulous Food in a Fabulous Placce”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Dinners there lately have been superb and the menu is quite varied these days. Absolute attention to detail is paying off in spades. Lunches are spectacular....the fish tacos are the best I've had in a long time-they use Haddock! The vegetable spring rolls are divine....sometimes I have a double order and call it lunch. The ceviche is also very good....everything I've had there this Spring/Summer has been wonderful!

They are also paying attention to my request to have my favorite cocktail restored to the menu!

• Visited July 2014

Falmouth, Maine, United States
“Lovely Views, Solid Food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were longtime patrons of the Dockside Grill's predecessor, the Falmouth Sea Grill, and we visited for the time on Friday night with our children (9 and 12) and both sets of grandparents. The location is difficult to top - seaside at a working marina just a few miles north of Portland. We were seated downstair. During nice weather, the downstairs offers a number of large sliding doors that may be opened to turn the area into open air restaurant. Sadly, the night we visited was too cold and rainy and the doors remained closed.

The appetizers range from several raw bar selections to fried calamari to a pulled pork tostata. The dinner menu offers a nice array of seafood and meat. We tried many different items and shared, and we thought the food was flavorful and well prepared. The grandparents both said they thought it was the best meal they've had at the location (and they were fans of the Falmouth Sea Grill).

The downstairs can get loud, especially when the doors are closed. Conversation at our large table was a little difficult with all the background noise. Definitely recommend dinner or drinks here. The food was very solid, and the views are spectacular.

• Visited May 2014
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“What an improvement!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had been critical of the former incarnation of this restaurant (when it was Falmouth Sea Grill)----the food really wasn't good. I own property nearby and I really hated the fact that 3 out of 3 meals I'd eaten there were just not good.

The new management has taken care of this problem! There is now interesting food, well-prepared. The location/views are really nice too of course.

We had two overtired and cranky kids with us, and I was nervous about dining in a place where they might disturb other customers. I needn't have worried-------our superb, superb server kept them occupied with fast service for the kids when the kids needed it, and had paper and colouring things at the ready which kept them quiet. She also did a few small things that made a world of difference to the kids (a straw for the glass of milk, etc). This was all really above and beyond the call of duty.

This is really not the kind of place I would ordinarily bring kids (I didn't have any choice in the matter that day) because the food is more interestingly done than most kids like. There are some pub-food options, as well as options that are more upscale. It's not really an upscale place though, it seems they are aspiring to being a good place for locals to go for a good meal.

My one complaint is the noise. I also attended a private party here and the noise-volume when all the tables were full was headache-inducing. Not sure what can be done about that, but I think I might pass on eating here if it's busy.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cessnapilot
Maryland
“Nice chance!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

(I think that state is wrong... It should be Maine, not Mass.) Haven't been here since the new owners came in and renovated. Great job! We sat at the bar. Great deco and great food... The pulled pork entree was out of this world and the creation of the sweet potato and ricotta "lasagna" was omg -awesome. Not from Maine... We visit about 3 times a year, but we'll be back, as my in laws live about 3 miles away.

• Visited December 2013
South Portland, Maine
“Great food, great view”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Dockside Grill is a great upscale restaurant in Falmouth Foreside. It is located in a beautiful harbor with boats everywhere. The restaurant interior is very attractive but a touch noisy. The service is excellent and waitstaff very attentive. The seafood was fresh and very flavorful. My wife had a beet salad and I had steamers as appetizers: both great . My wife had a Halibut with chili sauce. I had a variation of paella. Flavors were fantastic. The Paella was more of a stew with broth rather than a rice based dish. The portion of shellfish was terrific. In all a great meal at a full price.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Dockside Grill? Share your experiences!