“Would Eat Here Again If They Gave the Food Away!!!”
Review of Bernies Foreside

Bernies Foreside
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This has to be undoubtedly the biggest joke of a restaurant that I have ever encountered. From the time we entered this place, until the time we left, it was a dining nightmare. Frankly, we should have left when we were met at the door by a surly waitress who rudely told us they were not serving people at their outside tables, when I had pointed at an open inside table that happened to be in the direction of their outdoor area (she just assumed this, even though I never even said a word to her). Red flag number 2 should have been our waitress, who took FOREVER to get to our table, apologizing that they were "running a bit behind" on the orders. We got our coffees and waters ... and then nothing. 15--20 minutes later, the waitress finally returned to take our orders. Our coffee cups were left unfilled. Fully 40 minutes later, we got our order of pancakes, bacon, a fruit cup, and toast. The fruit cup was an over priced largely cut up apple. I specifically requested my toast be unbuttered (repeated it twice) and it came out buttered ... and which I didn't eat. People who were seated quite a bit of time after us received their orders before ours. I could tell that there were a lot of customers who were seriously irritated by the service. This place is obviously understaffed by incompetent wait staff and cooks. Incidentally, we kept hearing the waitresses telling other customers they had run out of this or that, and apologizing for various errors. Before this whole ordeal was over, we had spent over 1-1/2 hours getting breakfast! I wouldn't return to this place if they gave their food away!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

If you want a no nonsense breakfast with a good bagel drop in for breakfast. Atmosphere for breakfast and lunch is fine but not for dinner.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

had breakfast there today. I sat at the bar ( which you have full view of kitchen ) food on floor cook dropped 3 pieces of bread and just walked all over. The hash was dry and salty. The salt shaker was rusty and dirty. Should be shut down

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stopped in for breakfast with my dad sister and her husband and everyone at the table said how good it was and it was. The service was also very good look for the Tattooed Lady she gave us the best service.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Bernie's is the place to go for many people in the Falmouth area and for those traveling through. I often meet friends there for a breakfast or lunch. They have an extensive menu and the prices are great- all the food is well prepared and portions are good sized.

Been to Bernies Foreside? Share your experiences!