“It looks nothing like the picture.”
Review of Falmouth Inn

Falmouth Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Falmouth Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“It looks nothing like the picture.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This motel should not be allowed to use the name "inn", which connotes a little charm, flowers etc. Although the room seemed clean (it passed the sniff test),it is just a brick motel surrounded by blacktop near such delights as McDonald's and Walmart. The ice machine is still broken (Sept. 1, 2013) and the rooms are sad: I've stayed at nicer-looking Motel 6. We stayed here because we had a wedding in Falmouth and wanted to be close by. I guess it's #2 because there is only 1 other "hotel" in Falmouth.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you're desperate. I think for $95 you could do better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lapazhummingbirds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful along with having one room left, what could be better right? Well as was already reported, the ice machine was out of service, apparently going on many months now, and in order to get it from the front, we had to make sure we went back before they closed at 10. But the room was very clean and the bathroom impeccable. Though all of that said, I was very disappointed in the lumpy and saggy bed that happened to have a stained bottom sheet. Now it may have been clean, but with the old bed, neither was this comfortable or comforting. I would stay there again only if the room was checked thoroughly before hand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cbc1234567
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room is very clean. Says they have Internet. We couldn't pick up the hotel Internet . Called the front desk an the manager was rude an told us open the front door if we want Internet. Ice machine broken an drink vending machine out of service. I do not recommend staying here unless you want to totally unplug from the world.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank gulfstarr36

Travelers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Newton, MA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were simply looking for a clean room and shower for an overnight stay on the north side of Portland, and a local friend said their business put people up here but he hadn't seen it himself. We called at 7:30 on a Sunday night and they had availability at a reasonable price ($88 plus tax with AAA for a room with 2 double beds), so we decided to try it.

We drove up to a few single story brick buildings fronted by asphalt which ran right up to the brick. No grass in sight. The buildings were tucked back beside and behind other commercial buildings along Rt 1. A single small window adjacent to each room door punctured the plain facade.

Inside our room (a newer wing, according to the staff person) we were greeted with bright white walls with no decorations, a harsh and brilliant white overhead light, clean carpet, clean beds, a clean bathroom, a counter with a small fridge below, and a small cathode-ray TV on a freestanding table. There was a small round table and chairs to one side, and some small table lamps.

We turned off the overhead and turned on the table lamps. Quite a bit softer and, dare I say, almost pleasant. The beds were firm, the water pressure fine, the towels clean, the freebee toiletry knick-knacks as expected. We had a perfectly fine sleep.

So in summary, this was the starkest, sparest, least adorned, simplest place I have ever stayed in, and certainly among the cleanest. For a family just looking for a civilized place to sleep and shower at a decent price, we hit the jackpot. But there is a reason why the only exterior shot of the place on their website is of the sign out on Route 1.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank steveps100
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Last weekend, my fiance and I took an last minute road trip. We decided to go to Portland, ME. Little to our knowledge, the same weekend (weekend of August 4, 2012) there was a huge concert in South Portland. Plus, a lobster festival and a marathon. We checked on Expedia, but availability was low in the Portland area. We found Falmouth Inn, and I am so glad that we did. Now, I had checked the reviews online prior and I admit I was hesitant based on some on other sites. I talked to a lady @ Portland's Visitor/Convention Bureau and she recommend the place via her mother.

So, I called back and luckily a king bed room had opened up and only for $105USD/night. An added bonus, was that they had a promo off their website, if you mentioned it you could save $5/night. So, king size bed for $100/night is a really great deal!

When we arrived in at the hotel, and walked into our room: both myself and my fiance, Anthony were pleased. The room was very clean, it had a/c and the bathroom was spotless too! The staff here are all very nice and so helpful. We stayed for two nights, and we had no issues with noise or people outside the room. It is safe, quiet and close enough to Portland. It only took us 10 mins to drive into downtown Portland. This is a hidden gem in the Greater Portland Area. Our only complaint is that, we wished the windows had curtains as well as the blinds. The blinds did not do a great job keeping the morning sun out.

Also, the tv was new, flat screen and there were no bed bugs to be seen or any other things you would not want to see if your room. Also, it's close to a gas station that has a 24-hour corner store, and a Wal-Mart that is open till midnight. Additionally, there are some fast food places around the hotel, and an Italian restaurant.

If you are going to Portland, Maine we highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Price is right, it's clean and close to Portland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrynJV
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

If all that you want is a bed and a shower, then this place is for you. Otherwise everything was outdated. TV looked like it was from 1980 and picture quality/color was poor, gaps around edge of door were visible so that bugs came in during the night. Very, very basic accommodations. Price should have been cheaper for such a cheap place.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The location is good if you are visiting friends in Falmouth, Maine because it might be the only hotel/motel in Falmouth, Maine. The furnishings are old. The TV is old. The walls are cracked and painted white. The furniture is brown. The linens and bed spread are old and outdated in appearance. The ceiling is made of ceiling panels. The one small window only has mini-blinds, no curtain - which allows in a lot of light in the morning. The mattress is old and hard as are the pillows. The only positive thing I can say is the shower power was good. That's it. I definitely will never stay there again. These things don't take a lot of money to update, to make it more pleasant for guests. I kept checking for bugs but I didn't see any but it was that type of accommodation where I just could not relax. Fortunately, I wasn't in the room too much but even entering it for the first time I had this sinking feeling.

Room Tip: They are supposed to have updated rooms and that's what was requested when my reservation was ma...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ajhimels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
Best Western Freeport Inn
#8 of 11 in Freeport
Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront
Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront

Been to Falmouth Inn? Share your experiences!