“Pleasant surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

On my way home from a business trip, I saw the sign for the Purple cow and was intrigued. I am so glad I pulled over. The food was very tasty and the amount of food was a great value. Our waitress was very nice. I will stop by again when I am in the area.

Kennebunks, Maine
“Ribeye Disaster”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

2 t'rys on a very RARE ribeye. Took a cheese burger instead finally. They tried to charge me for ribeye, I said I would pay for the cheeseburger. They said "not to come back ever". "I cost them money". I was on a family gathering. Waitress had the attitude they makes you nuts in a bad way. NEVER going back

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DandR04011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stay Away - Do not get off the highway for this place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went at nine one morning. Place was understaffed and the service was surly because of it. We waited a long time for menus, coffee, and our order to be taken. Since we were not in a hurry we just let it be. But when the food came out over 30 minutes later, one plate had cold pancakes on it with burnt - yes completely burnt - bacon. The other plate of eggs and bacon was hot and fine. Trying to get our waitress to let her know was impossible and she did not come back for 15 minutes. When showed the bacon she just said, do you want more? No apology, nothing else as she put the check down. When I complained again about both the service and the food, she just picked the check up and walked away. We expected her to come back but she did not. So we left what we thought was the amount and left this place never to come back. Other people were waiting a long time, too. Some food looked good and some people were apparently happy except that the coffee pot would come around about once every 15 minutes or so. So if you did not get the young woman's attention whose job it was to pour, you did not get coffee. So if you get here on a good day, you might get treated well and have hot decent food. But if you are on the road and want to be sure to have a good meal, this is probably not where you want to stop.

1 Thank BarleyOne
“Almost terrible”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Fried foods taste like rancid oil. Bland. Industrial taste. Bad pancakes. Slow service. Weird atmosphere. Unpleasant experience.

winslow,maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waking Up With A Purple Cow”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm referring to a breakfast, not morning after expeirences. Driven past this place a thousand times. We live in Maine and I'm sixty six and we thoughly enjoy a good breafast. You won't be dissapointed with the Purple Cow. My Wife had pancakes and I had the #8, four eggs, sausage, bacon,home fries,ham, toast. Yes you are reading this correctly, a delicious breakfast, and worth every penny! I can't wait to take my Daughter as this was her college Class name " Purple Cow"

1 Thank rascalWinslow_maine