“I absolutely cannot wait to go back!”
Review of Kennebec Cafe - CLOSED

Kennebec Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dover, New Hampshire
“I absolutely cannot wait to go back!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I wished I lived closer. We ate there Wednesday morning. I cannot say enough. I had a killer eggs Benedict, the others in my party enjoyed crepes, and a special that has 2 French toast, sausage, bacon, and eggs!
But it does not end there. We ordered 8 donuts.
Mine was a strawberry rhubarb and the others went with basics like pumpkin pie and chocolate. Every bite my taste buds were in overload.
The owners were extremely hospitable despite some other claims.
We are coming back this weekend. Worth the 2 1/2 hour trip. If you live in the vicinity and do not eat here than you are definitely insane.
Thanks Kennebec Cafe.

• Visited March 2014

“Amazing made to order warm donuts!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The warm carrot cake donut with cream cheese frosting was incredible, as was the pumpkin roll donut! This is a really fun, funky little local diner-type atmosphere place, that makes great breakfasts and the most amazingly delicious warm home made donuts ever. If passing through Fairfield Maine, you shouldn't miss it.

• Visited August 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“To die for donuts!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I met our daughter and two other Colby seniors on graduation weekend for a late breakfast at this throw-back café. They have a nice breakfast menu. But what makes this place so special are their 70-odd types of made-to-order donuts. We decided that the lemon olive oil donut took first prize at our table, although the chocolate chile pepper took a close second. This gem is just above Waterville and not far off 95-- and well worth the adventure.

• Visited May 2013
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I would never have noticed this restaurant. It is not noticeable from outside. To inside and it is very welcoming. There is a wall covered with a blackboard full of doughnut flavors. Each doughnut is made fresh to order and served hot. The breakfasts are all very delicious and the service is super . This is a must go experience

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“A jewel probably often overlooked”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I found this one just as we were driving thru the area. We always enjoy the local cafes. This one had an enormous variety of prepared-on-the-spot donuts and a huge menu for such a small place. There were only a few customers (10:00a) but looked like a place that did a lot of local business...a real working man's cafe. Give it a try if you enjoy this type of place...we loved it!

• Visited October 2012