“Pleasant Stay in Ellsworth”

Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth for two nights recently (Oct 2012) as we were returning to NYS from a two week visit to Nova Scotia. The room was large and comfortable, with easily accessible wi-fi. Several good restaurants were close at hand. The main shopping street was a longer walk, but on a nice day would have been accessible by side streets thru residential areas. Because we had been on the road for quite a while, it was great that a guest laundry was available at the Inn. The cleaning staff and desk clerks were helpful and pleasant. Although located on a busy street (Rt. 1), street noise was not a problem. Overall, a nice place for a stopover, pleasant, clean, conveniently located, and moderately priced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review, my team and I appreciate the comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The guest laundry was added 2 years ago and has been appreciated by many guests. I hope you will be able to visit us again at another time. We are currently in the process of putting our new bedding in all of our guest rooms for a wonderful updated appearance.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights this fall. We were taking a fall color trip to New England. The location was good for visiting Acadia National Park and the hotel was reasonably priced, especially compared to some in Bar Harbor. When we arrived, we were given an accessible room with a combination tub/shower. My husband has some difficulty walking and I was doubtful he could safely climb over the tub wall. The only room with a walk-in or roll-in shower was booked for the second night of our stay. The associate who checked us in, Teri may have been her name (I am so bad at names, so please forgive me if I have that wrong) went above and beyond to see if she could accommodate us in that room for both nights, which she accomplished. The room was clean, and comfortable, if a bit small should a guest need wheelchair access. We found the hotel to be quiet and slept quite well. The breakfast was quite good as others have mentioned, good selection of both hot and cold items. I would stay there again if we traveled back to that area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review! I am so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs. It is very nice to hear such nice comments about staff and I have passed your review along to Teri. It's great to hear such positive feedback!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our first time staying in a Comfort Inn and the employees couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The room was extremely comfortable, as was the bathroom. Everything you might have forgotten in the way of toiletries was offered. Our biggest surprise though outside of how friendly everyone was, was the huge breakfast they served in the morning in their dining room. They had scrambled eggs, omelettes, bacon, sausage, yogurt, cereal, toast, several different kinds of juices, several different kinds of coffee, toast, bagels and more. In the afternoon they offered fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Our stay there was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's so nice to hear such wonderful comments. The comment about the employees being friendly and helpful means the very most to me. It is our key objective to make everybody feel at home. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again! Eve Young

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We used this hotel in Ellsworth as our starting point for day trips to both Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Very clean property and wonderful, friendly staff. Nice, convenient location with plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

So nice to hear your wonderful review! Thanks for staying with us and we wish you a return trip to the area! Comfort Inn Staff.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 day visit of the New England states spending 2 nights at this Comfort Inn. Our room was at the end of the hall and noise from people up and down the steps rattled our bed. There was also constant door slamming, evening and morning. Worst of all was the breakfast service. The time ended at 9:30 and both days I watched as the attendant watched the clock from 9:10 to 9:30 then rushed to shut everything down. The 2nd morning there were a few senior couples in that barely got a thing. The attendant brought out omletes at 9:22 and rushed them back up out of the container promptly at 9:30. One man even had to ask if he could have some. I saw people trying to get juice and she had shut that machine off. The waffle batter containers were empty before 9:30 and one lady brought that to the attendants attention to which she got "we close soon.". Wednesday there were 10 people trying to eat at 9:30 as she was scurrying to pack everything up. I realize workers are ready to leave as I have been a waitress in the past and currently my husband and I own a business but I've been in other hotels that do say like hey we are closing up in 5 minutes, get what you need. Out of the eight hotels we stayed in on this trip we were the most dissatisfied with this one, and it happened to be the one we spent two nights in.

Room Tip: Do not get one near the steps or back entrance
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I do agree that it can be a little noisy when we have a full house and your room is located near the stairway. We do try to accommodate anybody who requests a room away from the stairway if possible. Our breakfast times are stated at check in and posted in several locations. Even though the hours are posted 6 - 9:30 we usually are set up before that for early risers and guests who leave early. We do have to start breaking down the breakfast set up at 9:30 or we would be serving all day however guests are certainly welcome to stay in the breakfast room as long as they wish. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are offered 24 hrs a day.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth hoping to use it as a base when we explored Bar Harbor and surrounding area. We had booked for 4 nights until the morning I woke up and found a bug crawling in my bed!!. Huge bug crawling in the sheet in my bed. I immediately killed the bug and took it to the reception area. The man at the desk was very concerned and immediately said they would try to change our room and the manager would be in touch with us. Even with this I just couldn't make myself stay the whole 4 days. Needless to say I checked the bed and room that night and luckily we were able to find a cabin in Bar Harbor for the rest of our stay. The manager never did try to contact us and at checkout I asked if the manager had said anything. They did take a couple dollars off our bill but ....sorry...bugs crawling in my bed is just worth more than a couple dollars. Don't go there!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie R
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Hello and I'm very sorry about your experience here at our hotel. Unfortunately in Maine we get a few insects in the summertime. The most common being mosquitoes however I believe what you had was a Japanese Beetle. During July and August they are quite common and will eat quite a bit of our vegetation and our flower beds. We do have Japanese Beetle traps set up to catch them and I am sorry that one happened to get into your room. We have not had any problems with them getting inside but they are common in this area in the summer. I have to say that is the only downfall I can think of with living in this beautiful wooded and coastal area. Eve Young

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable, microwave & refrigerator in room, good internet, cookies-coffee-tea in lobby, friendly staff. My only negative was I could hear muffled footsteps from second floor.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on second floor so no one is above you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! The cookies are very popular with guests in the afternoon when they are checking in with coffee after a long day. We all hope to see you again! Eve Young

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Ramada Ellsworth
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor
#3 of 41 in Bar Harbor

Been to Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor? Share your experiences!