“Comfort Inn, Ellsworth, Maine”

Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Palm Coast, Florida
“Comfort Inn, Ellsworth, Maine”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We used this hotel in Ellsworth as our starting point for day trips to both Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Very clean property and wonderful, friendly staff. Nice, convenient location with plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
So nice to hear your wonderful review! Thanks for staying with us and we wish you a return trip to the area! Comfort Inn Staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 day visit of the New England states spending 2 nights at this Comfort Inn. Our room was at the end of the hall and noise from people up and down the steps rattled our bed. There was also constant door slamming, evening and morning. Worst of all was the breakfast service. The time ended at 9:30 and both days I watched as the attendant watched the clock from 9:10 to 9:30 then rushed to shut everything down. The 2nd morning there were a few senior couples in that barely got a thing. The attendant brought out omletes at 9:22 and rushed them back up out of the container promptly at 9:30. One man even had to ask if he could have some. I saw people trying to get juice and she had shut that machine off. The waffle batter containers were empty before 9:30 and one lady brought that to the attendants attention to which she got "we close soon.". Wednesday there were 10 people trying to eat at 9:30 as she was scurrying to pack everything up. I realize workers are ready to leave as I have been a waitress in the past and currently my husband and I own a business but I've been in other hotels that do say like hey we are closing up in 5 minutes, get what you need. Out of the eight hotels we stayed in on this trip we were the most dissatisfied with this one, and it happened to be the one we spent two nights in.

Room Tip: Do not get one near the steps or back entrance
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I do agree that it can be a little noisy when we have a full house and your room is located near the stairway. We do try to accommodate anybody who requests a room away from the stairway if possible. Our breakfast times are stated at check in and posted in several locations. Even though the hours are posted 6 - 9:30 we usually are set up before that for early risers and guests who leave early. We do have to start breaking down the breakfast set up at 9:30 or we would be serving all day however guests are certainly welcome to stay in the breakfast room as long as they wish. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are offered 24 hrs a day.
Northwood, Iowa
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth hoping to use it as a base when we explored Bar Harbor and surrounding area. We had booked for 4 nights until the morning I woke up and found a bug crawling in my bed!!. Huge bug crawling in the sheet in my bed. I immediately killed the bug and took it to the reception area. The man at the desk was very concerned and immediately said they would try to change our room and the manager would be in touch with us. Even with this I just couldn't make myself stay the whole 4 days. Needless to say I checked the bed and room that night and luckily we were able to find a cabin in Bar Harbor for the rest of our stay. The manager never did try to contact us and at checkout I asked if the manager had said anything. They did take a couple dollars off our bill but ....sorry...bugs crawling in my bed is just worth more than a couple dollars. Don't go there!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie R
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hello and I'm very sorry about your experience here at our hotel. Unfortunately in Maine we get a few insects in the summertime. The most common being mosquitoes however I believe what you had was a Japanese Beetle. During July and August they are quite common and will eat quite a bit of our vegetation and our flower beds. We do have Japanese Beetle traps set up to catch them and I am sorry that one happened to get into your room. We have not had any problems with them getting inside but they are common in this area in the summer. I have to say that is the only downfall I can think of with living in this beautiful wooded and coastal area. Eve Young
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable, microwave & refrigerator in room, good internet, cookies-coffee-tea in lobby, friendly staff. My only negative was I could hear muffled footsteps from second floor.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on second floor so no one is above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! The cookies are very popular with guests in the afternoon when they are checking in with coffee after a long day. We all hope to see you again! Eve Young
St Mary's, GA
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Ellsworth, Me, from August 5 to August 10, 2012. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff were always friendly and courteous. They were more than willing to adjust our stay as needed. The breakfast room was kept stocked and was extremely clean. The attendant, Teri, was a bustle of energy, cleaning tables and food stations, yet was never underfoot. We would definitely stay again. Mike and Jo Ann, St Mary's, GA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marshdweller
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you first of all for staying with us and writing such a wonderful review! I am happy to hear your comment on Teri as she is a very hard and dedicated team member to our hotel. I feel so very fortunate to have such a great staff. I hope you will find a time to come back and stay with us again. The fall is so very beautiful in the Northeast! Eve Young, GM/ owner
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

stayed here on our visit to acadia park. The staff was extremely friendly, and breakfast was delicious (though crowded if you wait last minute). This place isn't anything fancy, but for the price it was all we really needed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindsey v
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review! I do agree that when we have a full house the breakfast room can get very crowded. On nice days I encourage guests to use the picnic table outside, its in a lovely quiet spot outside the breakfast room with flowers. Thank you again for staying with us!
Eve Young
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was in Maine for a family trip, and this location looked convenient and was at a better price than the hotels/motels in Bar Harbor. Do not be alarmed by the train track next to this place as there is no train running during the normal hours of slumber. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were also very clean. There is a hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, and a safe in each room. As for toiletries, you are provided with two bars of soap, shampoo, and body lotion. You need to ask the front desk for a conditioner. This location is only 20 minutes from Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain. Bar Harbor is also within 20 minutes from here and there are many more good restaurant options and shopping (window shopping is what I did mostly) than Ellsworth. The breakfast was more than I expected. The selection consists of a variety of cold cereals, yogurts, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage links, waffles, bagels, English muffins, toast, Sara Lee breakfast rolls, and fruits (bananas, oranges, and apples). The juice selection was very nice as well-orange, apple, and cranberry. The coffee was not bad at all, at least it was better than the cup I brewed in the room. Overall, this location is a very good place for your money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Solegirl73
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
All of us here at the Comfort Inn appreciate your very nice review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you again in the future! Eve Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor
#2 of 41 in Bar Harbor

Been to Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor? Share your experiences!