“Just ate there tonight, my first lobster...”

Gateway Lobster Pound
Ranked #24 of 63 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
“Just ate there tonight, my first lobster...”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Just ate there tonight, my first lobster experence Good food and great service! Loved the fact that they were open late...it is a bit warm in the building though but overall I had a great time there.

Maryland
“Ok, but a little pricey.”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I stopped here for dinner and each had the fried shrimp. We wanted the lobster bisque, but after ordering and waiting 15 minutes, we were told they were out. The shrimp were very tiny.I wouldn't go here again since there are so many other places in the area that are amazing. But, it's not bad.

eastern tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“been there three times...a laid back pound”
Reviewed January 20, 2008

found the gateway the first time we visited Maine....have been going here for lobster every year...last year they opened their new restaurant just across the street and we enjoyed 4 - 5 pound lobsters...we travel from Tennessee just to enjoy the area and eat lobster...going back again in september 2008..you wont be disappointed with this pound...casual atmosphere and good service...prices are right....

1 Thank hapetravelers
Gorham, Maine
“Great Lobster at the right price”
Reviewed July 11, 2006

This restaurant is actually located on the Bar Harbor road in Trenton. As a local, I had forgotten about this place until I noticed someone else posted a review. I would agree with the previous post you'll get great food here at a reasonable price. This restaurant is a great choice for Lobster, Lobster Rolls and seafood (but they have choices on the menu for your non-seafood family members as well). Its a no frills restaurant, your lobster is served on a sturdy cardboard plate and the drawn butter comes in a plastic cup, but Gateway serves some of the best lobster in the area. The prices are reasonable and they are one of the few places that actually stay open later.

2 Thank Ms_Dragon