“Kitschy but Good”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Broomfield, Colorado
“Kitschy but Good”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the lobster dinner and my wife had the crab cakes. She finished well before me, so had the tollhouse pie. She loved them both. The wait staff was very friendly and this seemed to rub off on the customers. Enjoyable evening.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rjsteinborn

State College, Pennsylvania
“used to like this place.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lobster roll was full but flavorless. Fries cost extra on an overpriced meal. The waitress made a mistake on our order and instead of honoring the price, the cashier changed the check and told us to take it out of the waitress' tip. I could hear Robert Irvine screaming in my head "for 4 lousy dollars, you've just lost a customer!!"

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank nancyqq
Seoul, South Korea
“Delicious lunch with flavorful lobster”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Friends and I had a fabulous quality, affordable lunch of broiled lobster on our way in for a weekend visit. We tried a bunch of lobster eateries during the long weekend, but kept comparing them back to Gateway. We had the biggest, most flavorful lobsters of the weekend there! The restaurant itself has a dive sort of feel to it, but the price is right and the lobster is great.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, IL
“Strange...”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was a bit strange to walk into, like going into an old person's cluttered house. I couldn't tell if they were selling the little trinkets or if it was just decor. Also, not very inviting and just a strange feeling overall being there. The staff wasn't welcoming and we didn't get service, even a "hey i'll be with you in a minute" at all in the time we were there. I wasn't impressed, so we left. It was also very very small. But, I suppose if others say the food is good, and these things don't bother you, then try it out!

• Visited September 2012
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“BEST LOBSTER STEW IN THE UNIVERSE”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I see all the reviews on here about the lobster. Look, steamed lobster is steamed lobster. It's hard to screw up and if it's fresh it's great. The decor at Luntz's is not inviting. Kind of like going to an old cluttered polish woman's house for Sunday dinner. Nick Nacks everywhere! Their fried clams and scallops are also very good, but about the same as you'd get most places in the area. We heard people ranting about their chowda, and I will say it is very good. However, take my advice....GET THE LOBSTER STEW!!!! Not a cup but a bowl. Prepare to have an out of body taste experience. My wife and I don't even talk while eating this stuff. It's like a religious experience. From what I can tell it's a whole lobster, heavy cream, butter, and sherry. Try it, you'll love it.

• Visited September 2012