“Delicious lunch with flavorful lobster” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Seoul, South Korea
“Delicious lunch with flavorful lobster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Friends and I had a fabulous quality, affordable lunch of broiled lobster on our way in for a weekend visit. We tried a bunch of lobster eateries during the long weekend, but kept comparing them back to Gateway. We had the biggest, most flavorful lobsters of the weekend there! The restaurant itself has a dive sort of feel to it, but the price is right and the lobster is great.

Visited July 2012

Chicago, IL
“Strange...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was a bit strange to walk into, like going into an old person's cluttered house. I couldn't tell if they were selling the little trinkets or if it was just decor. Also, not very inviting and just a strange feeling overall being there. The staff wasn't welcoming and we didn't get service, even a "hey i'll be with you in a minute" at all in the time we were there. I wasn't impressed, so we left. It was also very very small. But, I suppose if others say the food is good, and these things don't bother you, then try it out!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“BEST LOBSTER STEW IN THE UNIVERSE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I see all the reviews on here about the lobster. Look, steamed lobster is steamed lobster. It's hard to screw up and if it's fresh it's great. The decor at Luntz's is not inviting. Kind of like going to an old cluttered polish woman's house for Sunday dinner. Nick Nacks everywhere! Their fried clams and scallops are also very good, but about the same as you'd get most places in the area. We heard people ranting about their chowda, and I will say it is very good. However, take my advice....GET THE LOBSTER STEW!!!! Not a cup but a bowl. Prepare to have an out of body taste experience. My wife and I don't even talk while eating this stuff. It's like a religious experience. From what I can tell it's a whole lobster, heavy cream, butter, and sherry. Try it, you'll love it.

• Visited September 2012
Starkville, Mississippi
“Eat outdoors and BYOB!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hubby and I stopped here since our preferred place was closed on a Sunday. We wanted to split twin lobsters and have a couple of beers...but you must eat in doors to be served draft-one of those silly laws- and you cannot split the dinner!---because 'it is a special'. It was about 18 bucks for two lobsters with choice of a side. So he ordered the twins and I, the lobster roll. His was cooked perfectly and my lobster roll was average with a little mayo and lettuce on a bun...I'm not a fan. I should have ordered my own single lobster...live and learn. The service was good, the atmosphere is okay..clean and like a diner with lots of trinkets for sale. The outdoor cooking lobster pots is neat, good photo op. Overall, a good place. I suggest ordering from the takeout area, bring your own beverage and enjoy it outdoors on the picnic tables under the shade! And SHARE it if you want!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lacretia
Louisville, Kentucky
“Authentic Maine lobster dining experience but its not cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We've eaten at Lunt's Gateway 3 times: twice last summer and once this week. It's not a fancy place but service is great and food is decent. If you're a newbie at the whole Maine lobster experience, this is a good place to start. They crack the shells for you, to make it easier to eat. However, I've noticed all 3 times that the lobster is a bit overcooked, which results in tail meat that is chewy and tough. It shouldn't be that way. The other disappointment is the price. Recent national news reported lobster prices were way down. However, Gateway's menu is identical to last summer, no price change at all. We paid $18 for a basic dinner. The next day we got brave, bought 2 live lobsters at the grocery and cooked them in our cottage's kitchen - our 1st time every cooking lobster ourselves. It was FANTASTIC and not the least bit chewy or tough. Now my husband refuses to eat at Gateway anymore. I still like it though.

• Visited July 2012