“AMAZING pie!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Helen's

Helen's
Ranked #18 of 64 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reston, Virginia
“AMAZING pie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I work at a hotel in bar harbor, and behind the scenes one unwritten rule is "never send guests off the island", but I break that rule, because whenever a guest asks me where to get good desserts, Helen's is the place I send them. When I eat there we order the strawberry pie, and it is absolutely to die for!!! the staff is very friendly as well!

Lisbon, Maine
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I go here every year when we come downeast! My husband's steak was generous and good....my meal was not so good and I told my waitress.....she in turn (on her own) took the meal off of our check.....I told her not to that it was ok but she insisted. My husband and I will return as we do every year!

Washington
“Do Not Stop Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on June 27, 2013 on the recommendation of someone who had enjoyed the food about 10-years ago. The years have not been kind. The Maine shrimp were the size of cocktail shrimp and tasted as if they had been frozen and microwaved. The custard pie was rubbery and had very little flavor. The fish was tough. Another piece of pie looked like it had been dropped off the serving knife onto the plate. Service was OK but could not make up for terrible food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank airedale1962
Bradenton, Florida
“Good home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a comfy country kitchen-type place. It is clean, has good service and a nice selection of entrees from spaghetti and meatballs to fresh Maine lobster. Portions are large. We ended up bringing half of our meal home. Save room for dessert. The homemade pies are scrumptious.

Central Maine
“Not as good as the one in Machias”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice building and nice waitstaff. Food is just so-so. Clam chowder is so thick your spoon stands up in it but little potato and little clams to be found. French onion soup was okay. Nothing was fabulous - the pies were good. Try the one in Machias.