“Waiter, there's something in my soup?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Helen's

Helen's
Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waiter, there's something in my soup?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ordered the French Onion soup. After a few bites I realized there were little hairs all over the cheese. I wouldn't have noticed them in the dark broth. I'm so grossed out. It ruined my day. The waitress was nice and apologetic but now I'll remember Maine with my hairy French Onion soup.

• Visited April 2013

Titusville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,305 helpful votes
“Try the pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Helen's is famous all over Maine for the size and quality of the meals, freshness of the products and, of course the large slices of pie. Try the Blueberry pie with ice cream. We have enjoyed this restaurant ever since it was a small place in Machias, Maine. This restaurant us listed in the famous travel book "Good Food road Food". You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Ellsworth, Maine
“Like going home to mom's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We are local's and love Helen's! It really is like going home to mom's - comfort food and way more. The desserts are awesome and the meals and desserts are plentiful. I will say this...laugh if you will... but Helen's is where the 'old' people go and if the old people go there you know the food is good and the prices are right. We always have a pleasant waitress and if you're lucky enough to get Michelle on a Sunday afternoon - then you have the one who sets the bar - she is fabulous!

• Visited March 2013
Bangor, Maine, United States
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lobster stew to die for - best I've ever had. I don't care for cinnamon in blueberry pie but maybe some people do.

Waterbury, Connecticut
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been going there every year for a long time. Never had a bad meal or bad service experience. Awesome wings.

• Visited September 2012