“Best Fried Clams . . .Period”
Review of Jordan's Snack Bar

Jordan's Snack Bar
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed June 29, 2013

They serve the freshest, plump bellied clams I've had anywhere - and that's saying a lot! Nice light breading and perfectly prepared. I'm also a HUGE fan of their onion rings, which are SO unlike the typical large, overly-breaded stuff so often found in restaurants. They slice their onions (the sweetest around) very thin. Delicious!
I have also enjoyed their fish sandwiches, which are also excellent.
Add to that a very friendly staff, a well maintained picnic area with a safe playground for the little ones, and even a small arcade for the older kids, and you have one of the best choices for a casual meal.
Their ice cream isn't bad either.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

One has to go to Jordan's with the right expectations, i.e., there will be nothing even remotely healthful on the menu. But if you like fried seafood, these people have that process down pat. About once per summer, I go and order their fried clam or shrimp basket. It's always good, with plentiful servings. The fries are Mc D.'s quality, but there are a lot of them. It's a take-out place, with indoor or outdoor seating. As others have noted, it's always busy, but the service is pretty fast and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

How can an establishment get away with serving ever meal, take out AND dine in, in Styofoam ToGo boxes, with Styofoam cups for sides, icecream, drinks. There is just no excuse for that. Not only did the food leave me feeling like I needed to shower with a degreaser, I felt that our meal was doing lasting environmental harm. The meal also cost twice what I would call 'Normal'. $18 for a hot dog bun with 4 little scoops of lobster salad in it, $4.50 for a small onion rings, etc... I say avoid this place, unless you hate the Earth, flavor, and your arteries.

2  Thank Apok67
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been going to Jordan's snack bar for years and have yet to find a place with better fried maine seafood. My favorites are the scallops and shrimp! Absolutely delicious. All of the workers are very friendly and hardworking, definitely a place to go!

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Jordan's Snack Bar has become a tradition is Downeast Maine. Every year when Jordan's opens you will see long lines for a few weeks, in any weather. There's a reason for that. I personally love their fried seafood. Being a true Mainah I can tell you, this is the place to go. You will receive a generous portion of "cooked just right" seafood. Fried clams, scallops, shrimp and haddock, you just can't shake a stick at it. If that's not your style, you need not worry, everything is delicious. From burgers to chicken fingers and everything in between... yum! And don't forget dessert. Yummy ice cream and definitely delicious shakes! I could go on and on about this place, but as I said, really all that needs to be said is that this place is a tradition to people who call this area home. Where I grew up we would drive over an hour to eat here. It's that good.

2  Thank loveyummyfood40626