“Thai Perfection”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

It is hard to know where to start when singing the praises of Bangkok Restaurant. The ambience is great--beautiful Thai artwork and hand carved furniture. The rooms are well lighted and clean. The service is polite, friendly and accomodating. Most importantly, the food is outstanding. We have been to many Thai restaurants on the East Coast and this restaurant tops them all. They cook up the most delicious dishes including Pad Thai, Mee Keti soup, all kinds of curries, spicy fried fish, and many others. The ginger or coconut ice cream are fantastic dessert choices. Unlike many other Thai restaurants, the portions are generous and are made with the freshest vegetables that taste like they have just been picked from the farm. We have been coming here for several years--the vivacious owner, Alicia, often recommends new dishes that we haven't yet tried, and they often become new favorites. Our only regret about this restaurant is that it is more than 400 miles from where we live !

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The customer is always treated like a VIP and the food is as fresh as it gets. The owner/head chef comes out of the kitchen on breaks to meet and great like you were a long time friend or family member. Moreover, her Thai food is the best I have ever had in a Thai restaurant. My favorites are traditional Pad Thai and the Yum brings a broad smile every time. My business is with international high school students who are in trouble at their private schools. When I am bringing one home for a suspension, I will drop in if the timing is right where they are treated with welcome and respect. This usually helps to "break the ice" with a nervous student far from home and comfort zone. Some students have become attached to Alicia (Pron) so we go back for more food. The atmosphere is classy. My grandson who is out back painting the house adds: I love the Pad Thai!!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Had lunch here with spouse. A nice change from where they use to be located. We shared the Fried Spring rolls. I had the Vegetable soup. We both had the Bamboo Shoots, me with chicken and spouse with beef. Chai tea was good, and for dessert we had coconut ice cream with pineapples. I thought the service was great. Meal with tip was around $35. Try and see for yourself.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by with family for a quick bite. Service was prompt and friendly. The food wasn't authentic and was quite sweet for tai as well as it seemed that all of the seafood and meat was in the freezer for some time

Not a do-over

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This restaurant has a beautiful Thai design interior and décor. The prices are very reasonable, however, the food lacks authenticity. They obviously cater to a sweet American taste. We ordered two soups. Mine lacked spice and my wife's lacked taste. She ordered the Massaman curry and both of us were stunned when the server brought them to the table. The curry was a thick bubbly mixture overflowing the top of the bowl. I had ordered their spicy fish fillet that end up being pieces of fried fish buried in a thick red sweet sauce without any spice at all. We both love authentic Thai, Korean, Chinese - any Asian dish. When we challenged the server, he did say that they add flour to the curry dish.