“First time trying Thai”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ellsworth, Maine
“First time trying Thai”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My favorite restaurant is local and Chinese. But, for a change I thought we should try this Thai food we have heard so much about. Well, my husband liked it much better than Chinese. I am still Chinese at heart but this was very, very good food. I was really surprised. I thought it would be spicy but what we tried was very much the opposite. He had large shrimp and veggies in a tomato sauce which was surprisingly sweet and yummy. I had the scallops in a garlic sauce with veggies. We tried the Spring rolls which were not at all greasy. Ian was our server and was very excited for us to try the Thai food for the first time. He takes great pride in his family's restaurant and rightly so. We have not tried the others in town but I don't think we need to now. It was all delicious and a very nice restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Always enjoy this place.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We go to all the area restaurants and equally enjoy this place because it's clean and the food is very good. The prices are good and the service is wonderful. Nice place to unwind and enjoy the variety of good food.

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Fresh ingredients, good service, and very tasty.
The owners are always there and friendly.
I'm a regular there now. They serve the curry in four levels of spiciness.
I go for the regular "hot". They also offer a Laotian hot, but that might be a bit much.
Good seafood options too.

• Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
“Average at best............”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Bangkok was a little disappointing. The spring rolls had apparently been made several days prior as there were bits of brown lettuce inside and the flavor was just blah. The pad thai was SO, SO hot temperature wise that I burned my mouth and it's still sore two days later. The reason I give this restaurant an average rating is that the servers were so nice. They worked hard and were very friendly. But the food really needs improvement.

• Visited October 2013
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been going there for years and love it! I have friends who are gluten free and friends with allergies to other things like peanuts and they are always very careful to make sure evryone leaves happy. By far one of the best tasting and fresh Thai places in town.

• Visited September 2013