“THIS is what a lobster house should be...”

Union River Lobster Pot
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pardon me if I'm a bit amped-up describing our experience at this very special place, but bear with me. The setting was incredible: 1) beautiful river rolling by, 2) large "green space" for observation or outdoor activities next to the river, 3) bright, light, airy, high-ceilinged dining area (there was inside space, too, for those so inclined, and 4) some of the best-priced, best tasting assortment of fresh lobsters cooked to perfection, and served by a knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly wait-staff I've had the pleasure of being served by.

With 20+ years of experience, and a track record for quality and service unsurpassed, in my opinion, and that of my wife (a lobster-snob), all you have to do is show up, sit down, and enjoy.

1  Thank cfischer41

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate there three days in a row. Their food is made from fresh and locally grown farms and cooked to perfection. If you have opportunity to sit in the patio area, take that option. The patio area is covered and looks out over a grass lawn to the union river.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family enjoyed 2 meals here while in the Bar Harbor area. Everything was delicious, service was very friendly and efficient. Don't miss the desserts. The warm raspberry pie with vanilla ice cream was well worth every calorie!

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Food and service excellent. Great location and view . Overall experience very pleased. Waiter was very nice and attentive. Can't remember his name. Would advise everyone to go there.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Union River Lobster Pot is one of my favorite restaurants. I count down the days until they open in June. We all have our favorite meals even though we try to order different items off the menu. The service is always top notch but I recommend going early in the evening unless you don't mind sitting on the lawn waiting for a table. You might be lucky enough to see the eagle swoop down for his supper. Brian and Jane and crew always do their best to make sure your dining experience is pleasurable. Time to head down and order some broiled scallops which always melt in your mouth.