“Union River Lobster Pot”

Union River Lobster Pot
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm glad I found this on Trip Advisor. The seafood was very good. The service was good. We ate in the screened in section which was nice, but warm as it was in the low 90's that day. I would certainly go there again.

There are newer reviews for Union River Lobster Pot

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ribeye steak and Lobster Mac & Cheese were both excellent. Beautiful salads and great cole slaw. We were in Bar Harbor for over a week and this was the best meal we had. Place was recommended by friends who had visited last year.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was excellent - including dessert. The wait staff was very accommodating in showing us how to eat lobster!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent a week in Ellsworth in early July. It was difficult to tear ourselves away from our well-equipped vacation rental, so we dined in for most meals. Since we were underwhelmed with the lobster we prepared ourselves a few nights earlier, we headed to the Union River Lobster Pot on July 4th for dinner. My 7-yr-old son was very excited to try lobster on this trip---we didn't want him to leave without having a proper Maine lobster experience.

This restaurant delivered an exceptional experience for us. We arrived around 7:00 p.m. and were immediately welcomed and seated on the patio. We enjoyed the crab & artichoke appetizer, the homemade bread, and wine. My son and I both had the lobster pot. The lobsters were generous in size. I'm not wild about clams, but my husband thought they were also well-prepared. My husband had the cedar-planked halibut, which was also delicious, although a bit on the sweet side for my palette. (I would have opted for the cilantro preparation.) My 4-yr-old ordered chicken tenders with baked potato and green beans. I appreciated that they offered some healthier options for sides with the kids entrees.

Highly recommend the blueberry pie for dessert.

A few disclaimers:

1. We were unsure of how busy it would be on a holiday evening. I suspect this was an unusually slow July night. (I think most people head to the shore for fireworks.)
2. I have only been to Maine twice in my life, so I don't claim to be an expert on lobster preparation.
3. This was our last night in Maine, and we felt it was the perfect ending to a great trip.

I'm giving this restaurant the highest rating because it met our every need. The outdoor patio allowed us to be outside sans mosquitoes; the boys enjoyed walking down to the river while we waited for our entrees; the food was very well prepared and fresh; the service was prompt; and the restaurant was clean and inviting.

1  Thank Erica728
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We "hit the jackpot" with this wonderful riverside restaurant! Recommended by the outdoor lobster chef as we entered the restaurant, the haddock and chips were out of this seafood world! The fish tasted as though it had just been caught. Sittiing in the screened porch with a river view was a treat!