“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between State and Store St
Central Florida, Florida
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We loved going to Cleonice for lunch and on special occassion dinner, but was disappointed when they changed venues and completely changed the entire experience that we used to drive 50 miles for. Their previous place was so unique and classy. I think they took away the only nice place to eat this side of Bar Harbor and Bangor. So my 3 stars was because I went to the cafe and was very disappointed in the quality of the menus and service.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank peteson920
Cary H, Owner at Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed in our new venue. It is certainly a different feeling and has been an adjustment for us as well. We continue to work on the space to give the dining room a more cozy feel while keeping the relaxed atmosphere of The Maine Grind cafe in the front.

We continue to serve carefully sourced local foods, and our standards for service, food, and changing and exciting menu have not changed. I hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you in our dining room sometime.

Thank you for your input.

Hancock, Maine
“comfortable and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been eating at Cleonice since I moved to Maine in 2006 and never had a bad meal. It took a while to get used to their new "digs" in the Maine Grind but now I appreciate the airy, light space. I have gone with my late husband, children, friends, and now boyfriend. It is comfortable environment where the waitstaff is friendly but professional. I love that I can sit with a glass of wine and relax while waiting for friends and no one pressures me. I can even sit with my laptop and use the free wi-fi without feeling inappropriate. The food is marvelous and I've never seen any of the waitstaff look unhappy when I've dined on tapas. The addition of the daily pizza (baked in their new pizza oven) is a delicious treat and I often dine on that plus their spinach and chevre salad. I recommend all their dishes and even though I am not a meat eater, per se, I can tell you the small plate of steak frites is amazing. Recommended highly. I'll see you there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Cary H, Manager at Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to give the kind of experience that you've described.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Coastal Maine
“Not so good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We chose Cleonice for a Sunday lunch with friends that we hadn't seen for several years. I made reservations well in advance explaining that three of our friends have a hearing impairment,that we would appreciate seating in as quiet a part of the restaurant as possible. I was told "no problem." When we arrived,we were seated at a table directly in front of the serving station.I got up from the table and discreetly informed the server of our problem. She just looked at me and said that she didn't see anything about it. She just left me standing there. I was really taken aback. Well,we stayed and had lunch which was okay, but I couldn't really get the bad taste out of my mouth at being completely "blown off." Basically,food was okay,but I felt that our server felt that we should be glad that we were allowed to dine at Cleonice. Would I go back? I don't think so!

1 Thank CoastalMaineTraveler
So sorry to hear of your experience at Cleonice. I've asked all of the staff to try to figure out what happened on that day, to no avail. We don't take lunch reservations and I don't know if the person who you approached didn't understand what you were asking for or was simply confused. None of my wait staff remember this event.

I've taken this as an opportunity to discuss with my staff being more conscientious and to listen thoroughly to our customers. I hope you will give us another chance.
Portland, Maine
“Soup and tapas make a meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Pretty extensive menu, nice wine list. We're light eaters, so our dinner of tomato basil soup (delicious), tapas of artichoke bruschetta (also delicious) and beets with cheese on top (too much garlic) was plenty. Server seemed dismayed that we weren't ordering more, but then the place was only half full on a Friday night, so she should have been grateful she had anyone at our table. Bill came to about $30, including wine for the wife.

Coker Creek, Tennessee, United States
“Not So Hot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My visit to this restaurant was not what I had in mind. The food was expensive, the service was slow, and the wait staff unfriendly. At the end of the meal, we had to wait about 20 minutes to get our check, and the take-home dessert was forgotten (paid for, but forgotten). For the money, just not worth it.

1 Thank Diane G