“Short order cooking - Long on taste”
Review of Sylvia's Cafe

Sylvia's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on for breakfast at 11:00 and had perfectly cooked eggs and great toast.
Simple and delicious

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped here one morning for breakfast and weren't disappointed. The table ordered a Crab Benedict, a Crab Omelet, and a breakfast platter which included 2 eggs, bacon, and a waffle. I had the waffle (I was really craving one) and it was really good (crisp...so yummy). I ordered it with real maple syrup (which you must do when you're up in that neck of the woods) and my craving was instantly satisfied. Both the Omelet eater and the Benedict eater were so satisfied with their meals they demanded we come back another morning (which we failed to do because...we value sleep over food, but it's the gesture that counts). They certainly stuffed the crab into the Omelet (no skimping here). And the Benedict eater claimed it was the best Benedict she'd ever had. I will say that I stole many of the potatoes from my crab eating friends and I almost couldn't stop. The potatoes (little square hashbrowns or homefries) were so freakin' crispy I'm *sure* they were employing a deep fryer over a mere skillet (and thank the food gods for that because they were awesome). This place is definitely worth stopping into at least one on your trip.

Other Notes: It's in a strip mall (fyi) so don't be looking for a freestanding building. Also, don't let the fact that it's in a strip mall turn you off...or you'll miss out. This is the place the locals eat and the locals always know where the best food is (I even conversed with the local sheriff who was breakfasting there himself). The prices are more than reasonable...it's just your average "hole-in-the-wall" Sunday breakfast spot. Nothing fancy, just good food.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Best crab and lobster rolls around...even beats Jordan's! Wonderful breakfasts, family atmosphere. Biggest collection of hot sauces I have ever seen. Very personable owners...Cody and Taylor. Great waitresses! Don't miss this little jewel...small but shines soooo bright!

2  Thank NeliaLake04605
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to Sylvia's so many times. I can tell you this is one restaurant that I have never had a bad meal at, ever. The servers seem delighted to be at work, which makes for a pleasant dining experience. This little place is tucked away and is small, but oh so yummy.

1  Thank loveyummyfood40626
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Eggs and omelet dishes named for sections of DownEast Maine. Good, friendly service with a 60's atmosphere.