“The Best Breakfast Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Hampshire
“The Best Breakfast Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The best breakfast ever! Our server was phenomenal.and would go back in a heart beat! Now I want to go to lunch there. The best! Abby is our server! The staff was exceptional! A great find on our vacation. The place was spotless and had homemade pies, the specials menu was heavenly.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank janesmom

Mount Desert
“Disappointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We used to go to Riverside all the time, following a change in managment where we had heard questionable things we hadn't retuned in quite some time, but this morning my boyfriend just HAD to have banana buckwheat pancakes so we thought we would give it another shot. I had low expectations and high hopes, unfortunately it was worse than I ever expected... after being seated at a dirty table and having to ask for it to be cleaned they forgot utensils. My boyfriends banana buckwheat pancakes came out and they were just buckwheat with a pile of old brown bananas on top, when he asked the waiter if they'd changed their recipe (the bananas used to be cooked in the pancakes) the waiter said "I was surprised myself when they came out like that- getting creative in the kitchen I guess?" Which I translated to mean "they screwed it up but I served it anyways hoping you wouldn't notice". My omelet (the state street) had cold, raw onions and slimy ham. The home fries are different too. All in all we were very disappointed amd wont be back.

Riverside151, Owner at Riverside Cafe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Wow! I will address all these issues immediately! I thought all the staff were on point with how important each order is to have exactly right. The re-training will have to continue!
Ellsworth, Maine
“waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went for a hearty breakfast-ended up with moldy toast- sucked. Might have been decent at one point- it's not now

Visited December 2013
Riverside151, Owner at Riverside Cafe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I see you visited last December. I did have a team managing for awhile that just didn't work out. Needless to say I'm back full time and hope you will try us again. I expect everyone to share the same care and concern for quality that I do.
Twinsburg, OH
“Keep driving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was packed but poorly run, unorganized, open tables with a line out the door and greeted by no one. Saw only one couple get seated. A local couple pushes past the line to seat themselves at the bar. After 10 minutes of standing there we walked out the door.

1 Thank Renie W
Riverside151, Owner at Riverside Cafe, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Yes it was a difficult day for all. Thousands out of power in the area looking for somewhere to eat and short staffed because of trees down. Not the usual day and unlike most restaurants, in ours you can see if there is an open table. I sure hope you will try us again when there is no hurricane remnants beating our coast. If we are busy, all are welcome to sit at the bar rather than waiting for a table if you prefer.
Waiting 10 minutes without being greeted and added to the list is unacceptable. Thanks for letting everyone know your dissatisfaction. I will address this issue immediately! Certainly in your case, we are deserved of the worst rating a restaurant can get.
Hollywood, Florida
“Very Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to Bar Harbor. Nice, unique place in a quaint looking downtown area. Waitress was friendly. Our breakfast was great, filling & good for the price. You can also view paintings & stained glass crafts being sold by artists here.

• Visited June 2014