“Accommodating service with a smile.”
Review of Ellsworth Ale House - CLOSED

Ellsworth Ale House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were running a little late for dinner, called to see if we could be served(most places in Ellsworth close by 8:30) and we were welcomed with pleasant smiles and excellent service. The food was hot and tasty. The draft beer selections were extensive, and as in the previous review samples were offered. The local beer was great. We were not rushed to leave even though we arrived at closing... The owner even sat and chatted with us for a while. Very pleasant time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We really liked the Ellsworth Ale House - the owners were there serving and cleaning. They were generous with the offer to pour beer samples with great suggestions and lots of smiles; the sandwiches and burgers were great. I only gave it a four as it was not "fine dining", no other reason!!! We'll return in the fall when we're back in New England.

1  Thank Karen N
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I love the ale house! The food is good and the service is so friendly. I've been there 4 times and each time I've gotten something different. I've never been let down. The fish tacos and steak bomb were my two favorites! The staff is so friendly and we've never had to wait long!! Great place to eat for a good meal at a good value!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went to the Ale House after is was only open for a few days, but I took it to be just the same old same. There was nothing about their service, look or food that set them apart from any other burger joint. My burger was good but not great, and my friend received a Caesar salad that was extremely wilted. They did bring a nice, fresh salad, but my question is always why the less than adequate one was served to start. As I said, it's not bad but don't expect to be "wowed".

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The beer was the only thing good. And a a good price, but don't let that convince you of going there to eat. The food was awful. I took my wife there with two of my friend. My wifes dinner tasted like it was old, mine tasted the same, and the waitress didn't even write down our order and got it all messed up. Awful service. if I want a beer I will go there. BUT do not go there for the food.