“Great Pulled Pork”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great Pulled Pork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant, purchased take out and purchased pounds of pulled pork for a large family party and square dance. The pulled pork is wonderful. The men like the sampler which included ribs, pulled pork, sausage and chicken plus the sides of potato salad, cold slaw, and beans. You will not leave hungery.

Farmington, Connecticut
“Great price,great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped here for an early dinner to go. There were 3 of us. I had a pulled pork sandwich with potato salad. My friends both had pulled pork dinners with fries and beans. The cornbread is great,very tasty! The beans are spicy, they have jalapeños.(so does the cornbread but you can't really taste it.) The sandwich was on Texas toast which was surprising because before I'd had it on a roll. The potato salad was good, the fries were plain. The best thing was the price!! I think the total was 20 something! The service was a little weird. First hostess didn't seem to know the menu. Other than that, great visit!

Maine
“$38.00 for Lunch for 2, not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped by today for lunch, to try this highly rated restaurant. Well to my surprise because of the ratings, not impressed, gave it an average because it wasn't really a poor rating.
I had the Hot Italian sausage (3) with beans, potatoe salad & coleslaw, just okay. Spouse had "The Sampler" with 2 tiny winy ribs, 1 chicken thigh, decent amount of pulled pork & fries, he said it was okay. I tried his and thought it was all to dry for me. If you like smoked meats this is place for you.
Bathroom area was kept up. Have old used doors as tables and dividers. Our waitress was attentive to us, of course it was just us and family of 8, and 1 person at the bar. For our beverage we had "The Old Soaker Root Beer", at $2.80 at bottle, looked like a fair variety of beers. Does not take all credit cards, so check before you order.
Certainly won't be returning, but try and see for yourself.

San Antonio, Texas
“Delicious Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This eatery doesn't get much press on TA but the food is dynamite. I had the baby back ribs which was smoked with a dry rub. Wow. I've eaten ribs in the big cities and even they did not compare. We ate here on a Thursday evening which is a quiet night. All the better because we tried to come back on Friday night it it was jammed packed. This is well worth a visit. I'll be back the next time I'm in the area.

Maine
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times this year and everything was great. Good flavor, hot food and service with a smile. We will be back. Thank you.

• Visited November 2012