“BEST Barbeque”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Princeton, Maine, United States
“BEST Barbeque”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I seen the sign directing us to the partially hidden Mainely Meats. We almost didn't go because it seemed to be "out of the way" and it was one of those nights where we wanted to eat and get it done. I cannot express to you enough the satisfaction found with this pleasantly decor-ed, family restaurant. We ordered the "The Max Plate", which is loaded with sausage, ribs, chicken thighs, and pulled pork (everything)! The food was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. Your food has that smoky cooked over an open fire taste and tender. The pulled pork is superb and the order comes with potato salad, coleslaw, beans, and the most delicious corm bread EVER! The decorations and souvenirs you find help occupy time as you wait for your meal. The hostess/waitress was extremely welcoming, and an excellent waitress as well. You MUST go and get full with satisfaction!

• Visited April 2013

“The best deal in Ellsworth!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I love Mainely meats! The staff is so friendly an the food is amazing. Not to mention it's a total bargain! You get huge portions at a low price. The decor is super cool to look at, and they always do a great job decorating for holidays! You would be crazy not to try it :)

“Won't be back”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very disappointed. Have been visiting their multiple locations since 2005. Had two bad experiences with customer service at the Main location, but still wanted to give them another shot. The owner was incredibly curt with us. The most recent experience involved a Deal Chicken offer that we were going to use for a late crowd. After calling earlier in the week to confirm that we could indeed use the offer, they happily agreed, then went back on it the day we called in the order. We were obviously confused and asked why we had been told we could use the offer a few days prior. We could hear the owner yelling in the background. The food here has always been consistently good, but their customer service explains why they almost went under this past year.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kablueberry
“MEATS goes HAM”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm local and consider Mainely Meat on Main as my go-to spot for a great meal at a great price. I've never been disappointed and love taking friends from out of town to my fave place, as I know they won't be let down. Portions and quality are always great and the interior decor is very original. The pulled pork sandwich (loaded as a bomb) is my go-to. Recent additions have made it harder to decide my order: quesadillas, nachos, stuffed potato, and the NY strip are all ridiculous good.
Go there.

Ellsworth, Maine
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have visited Mainely Meat a few times. All I can say is, yum! The price is more than reasonable for the large servings that one receives. What I love the most about Mainely Meat is their simple menu. They know what they're good at, and that's what they stick to. It creates for an authentic BBQ experience, and a tasty one at that.

Visited March 2013