“Yum!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have visited Mainely Meat a few times. All I can say is, yum! The price is more than reasonable for the large servings that one receives. What I love the most about Mainely Meat is their simple menu. They know what they're good at, and that's what they stick to. It creates for an authentic BBQ experience, and a tasty one at that.

Visited March 2013

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Tired of Lobster?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Pig out on terrific smoked on premises Bar-B-Q ribs, pulled pork, chops and steaks. Take care before jumping into the hot sauce.

Visited April 2013
“I LOVE Mainly Meat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I don't love the name necessarily, but the food is great! I always have the pulled pork and it is simply wonderful! They do the real slow cooking thing...and I would say the staff love what they do and it shows. The owner will often walk around and say hello. There is some really cool decor - some of the tables are made from old doors (with glass on top and old pictures under the glass). I go here as often as I can get my boyfriend to go (we like many places in Ellsworth)!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank anselsgirl
“Best BBQ in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Eaten there twice and both times the food was great. First trip I had a steak done to perfection, hubby had delicious ribs. The sides of potato salad (not so good), coleslaw(yummy) and baked beans (delicious but lukewarm) took the place of french fries. This trip I had the chicken wings which were some of the best I have ever eaten.

• Visited February 2013
Blue Hill, Maine
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here and loved it. We split the $14 sampler which featured ribs, pulled pork, chicken, and sausage with a side of cole slaw and baked beans. Truthfully, all the components on the dish were very good to excellent which surprised us. Nice, clean interior (and bathrooms). We went out of our way to tell the chef/owner that we loved it and would be coming back.

• Visited January 2013