“All hail the Food Truck!”
Review of Food Truck - CLOSED

Food Truck
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 11, 2012

A colleague and I were in Ellsworth for business for a week and we used Trip Advisor to search for a place to eat lunch. We laughed at first when we saw the Food Truck as the #1 restaurant in Ellsworth, but feeling adventurous we decided to give it a try. All we can say is WOW!!!

First, its not actually a truck but an oversized shed located next to the contractor's entrance to the Home Depot. The first day we went I ordered the bacon cheeseburger; I was a little worried that I only ordered one as I wasn't sure how big it would be. I shouldn't have been concerned - it was big! Great flavor and you definitely need napkins as it was very juicy.

We were so impressed we went back the next day and I ordered the philly cheese steak. Again - WOW! Fantastic flavor, perfectly shaved steak, onions nicely cut...excellent.

The owner chatted with us both times - very nice guy and he is obviously very passionate about his food. If you are in the Ellsworth area, the Food Truck is well worth a visit!

1  Thank R2Sharpe
There are newer reviews for Food Truck

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Well since this is certainly the rave in the area, just had to try and was surprised. I know when you first pull up, you think, oh in front of Home Depot, how good can this be, well get you noses out of the air, they have quite a full menu for a little shed of a eatery, I had the sausage, onion & pepper sandwich and was impressed, also got a bad of chips included. Choices go from breakfast sandwiches to lunch time favorites, burgers, hot dogs, burritos, pulled pork & chicken plates. You get your cold beverage from a vending machine and the word is their coffee and homemade donuts are the best. Prices are comparable for the area. Give it a try. Oh their scenic view is Wallyworld and Home Depots parking lot.

1  Thank MaineFlatlander
Reviewed August 26, 2012

After a week full of really fabulous meals while vacationing in Bar Harbor, we stopped for breakfast before our nine-hour drive home at Food Truck, based on Trip Advisor's #1 ranking for Ellsworth. We were skeptical since it is located right outside the doors of the Home Depot in town, but thought we'd give it a shot. Awesome decision. It was, hands down, the absolute best meal we had all week. The veggie breakfast burrito is not to be missed. Their coffee is spectacular, and the homemade cinnamon sugar doughnuts were better than the homemade doughnuts we've had a five-star resorts in the past. So ridiculously good! We brought our dog with us to dine at one of the few outdoor picnic tables there and the owner had a complimentary hot dog brought out for her. This place is such a find. Do not miss this one. My two teenagers are still talking about the doughnuts!

1  Thank ks42295
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Perfect place for breakfast and lunch, and super easy to find while going through town. J. P. is a master chef, and he prepares some of the best food we've had in Maine. Great coffee, and everything was reasonably priced. Kids loved it, and we can't wait to come back!

1  Thank nen311
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Delicious donuts and great breakfast sandwiches. We saw the other reviews here and decided to stop on our way home from Acadia. We will make sure to hit this place every time! Friendly! Fast. And yummmmmy!

2  Thank KathiRamsd