“Worth a Second Try!”

Shinbashi
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The old Green Tree Restaurant - same owners - built a beautiful upscale restaurant in the center of Ellsworth. Excellent - same recipes says Catherine -half of husband & wife team.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I love this place, we loved it when it was Green Tea, and we still love it now! I will say that for a two week period there was time where the food was horrible, I think they hired a new cook when they got so busy. It was a mistake that was remedied, and the food is wonderful again.
I recommend the Hunan Beef, Pineapple Chicken, and the Sweet and Sour Chicken!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just returned from our 2nd meal at Shinbashi and it was delicious once again. The restaurant is decorated so tastefully and it is really a pleasure to sit and enjoy the ambiance. Only negative was the loud ringing of the telephone - wish they could tone this down a bit but we will definitely return.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

These folks had a small, often chaotic, but good little place next to hannaford. When they first opened. Now they have a great place with ambiance, but the service is terrible. The food is just adequate.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I stopped in here with my girlfriend on a recent trip to Maine. Overall we enjoyed our experience. Tom Yum soup is huge and delicious, sashimi looked and tasted very fresh.
The other dishes we had were unremarkable, but not bad. Our server was very pleasant but unfortunately forgetful. Our tea and a side of rice needed a second request each.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I honestly debated between a 3 or a 4 rating. I finally selected a 4 because the food is THAT good to even make up for the awful service. This cuisine is truly the best asian fare I have experienced since leaving Boston (and Chinatown). My husband and I have been dining here since it opened. The food is consistently fantastic. Unfortunately the service is a constant too: constantly poor. Slow, inattentive and forgetful staff. We literally watched our order sit under the heat lamp one time in excess of 8 minutes while the chef just kept "dinging the bell" much to our waiter's obliviousness. I finally pulled aside a different waiter (because we could never catch our waiter's attention) begging him to get our food for us. We eat here enough to take notice that the staff turnover (even for the restaurant business) is HUGE. Rarely do you see the same face twice. All of the above of course speaks ultimately to poor management but we keep going back. We hope that someday the level of service will match the variety and quality of the food.