“Best Ice Cream in DownEast Maine”
Review of Morton's Moo

Morton's Moo
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Best Ice Cream in DownEast Maine”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

An Ice Cream parlor with the best combination of flavors for miles around. They also have featured flavors and specials through out the year. Cakes, pies and ice cream cookie sandwiches share the menu. Like their Facebook Page and you will be updated daily on new flavors and desserts. You can also do made to order.
Wonderful owners and staff.
My rating is 5 scoops!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank grspring

Krakow, Poland
“The Finest All American Ice Cream!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We love the friendliness and comfort of this place. You walk in and everyone says 'hi' and seems to be happy to see you again. It's a pleasure to come back to enjoy this super delicious ice cream, sorbet, gelato, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream pops, cookies, pies, biscotti, cappucino, hot chocolate - Yes, this is a sweet shop and the epitome of ice cream heaven. All the stock is freshly made in small batches (they do run out of the favorites at the end of the day!)
My favorite flavors are: ginger, butterscotch, baklava (Yummy), green apple sorbet, cranberry sorbet, maple syrup, maple walnut, peppermint, vanilla (the best vanilla ever), mud season, black fly shoo, guava cheesecake, and peach ice cream sandwich with molasses cookie and, at Xmas, peppermint ice cream sandwich with chocolate cookie. I am absolutely addicted and, because it's such a friendly, easy place, the addiction will be here to stay for a long time. And here's another reason to go back: Friday night sampling night - $5.00 to taste as many flavors as you want. The samplings are doled out in scoops - they are not stingy. Come early cause the place gets really crowded. We hope the Moo is here for a long, long, time and, hope to see it on the list of one of the top 10 ice cream places in the USofA.

• Visited March 2013
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Exceptional ice cream in a”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Thank heavens for Facebook and seeing a friend "like" Morton's Moo. I don't know that I would have found it on my own where it is kind of off the beaten path. From the moment you walk in you know this is going to be a delightful experience. The decor is fun and whimsical (all kinds of games on the table tops to play and a timeclock punch card incentive system for frequent patrons). But all the sights mentioned pale in comparison to how your taste buds will be satisfied with THE creamiest, THE most flavorful ice cream ever. They have lots of flavors to choose from (including seasonal flavor specials). Portions are huge and the prices are incredibly reasonable. The owners (who actually make the ice cream and work the front of the house too) truly love what they do here. It shows. I've taken my Mom, my husband and my daughter so far. And they all agree that Morton's Moo is well worth a trip from MDI to Ellsworth all by itself; winter, spring summer or fall!

• Visited January 2013
Maine
“Really, No Rum Raisin”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Finally, with all the snow, rain, winds and more rain, got out today to try this highly reviewed establishment, and let me say up here, I do mean finally. Well to my surprise, not alot of places advertise Rum Raisin here, and it was not available, still do not understand what the girl told me, why it wasn't but it was not.
So took a breath and said, since we made the effort to go, lets have a small scoop of chocolate and small scoop of maple walnut. After the shock of the price for two small scoops in organic cups, had to say it was very good. The taste of real chocolate and maple walnut was tremendous. Texture was homemade and very creamy. The very small establishment was clean as far as I could see.
It is very expensive people, just letting you know and it has to be your choice if you think it is worth it. I will try one more time for the Rum Raisin and if they don't have it this time. Once will be enough.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MaineFlatlander
Maine
“friendly and flavorful”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were warmly greeted when we walked in. After finding out it was our first visit, we were cheerfully guided through all the selections and offered free tastes of anything we'd liked. The atmosphere was very pleasant and our ice creams were delicious.

Visited February 2013