“Best Food and Cooks Around”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Annie's Pride Farm & General Store
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We are a family run Farm & General Store. We have operated in some capacity in North Ellsworth & Dedham for over 100 years. We offer daily specials, Pizza, Burgers, And Burritos...Fresh Breads, and Pastries we have it all. When in season all veggies used in our food come right from our Down East Soil. Please stop on in and try us out.
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Annie's Pride is a down home type business, with friendly and courteous workers. This establishment is new, regardless of what the man from New York had to write. And, I eat there often and have yet to find it dirty as this man stated. People like this need to stay in New York. We don't need that class of person visiting our state. Annie's has the best pizza around and unique specialty sandwiches, as well as specials. If you want a truly good experience go to Annie's for a meal. Breakfast is great too! TRY IT OUT.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

My family and I have bought deliciously fresh fruits and vegetables from Annie's for years. The store serves the best pizza, sandwiches and sweets Downeast - for that matter, I would put any of Annie's homemade food up against anyone in the country. Martha Stewart can't hold a candle to what is made here and should stop and take a lesson from Beth while on here way down to the island: not only could she learn great cooking, but may also learn true hospitality, honesty and courtesy (all of which abound from everyone who works at Annie's). To the teacher from New York who misspelled "payed" when referencing his food: I am glad you weren't my teacher - for lots of things. Most men pee in the woods; if nature called for a deuce, in August, in Maine, there are still plenty of leaves to use. You need to head to the Hamptons, not Downeast.

1  Thank chevytruck
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have been working in the area for around 2 years and appreciate the great food and service that this "little" store offers. Not only is the food fantastic but the people that prepare it for you are world class, in attitude and spirit., and they can cook. I have worked with the crew that is rebuilding the stretch of Rt.1 that this gem is located on and it is always a welcome time of day when I get to stop in and have lunch or dinner from there, the humor and life that "the girls" greet you with and the stories that they give you while preparing your food is a bright spot and really something to look forward to. And to the NY teacher you should've pee'd behind one of the millions of trees that you passed along your 8 mile trek to find "the one", and I hope that you and your family don't ever come back to Maine, we don't need your kind up here spoiling it for everyone that loves this area and ALL it's hicks. Great food and wonderful people, what more could you want for your lunch break.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I am a teacher from NY and my family vacations in Maine every summer. My wife, 4yr old son and I stopped here while shopping on rt1A. The woman behind the counter refused to let me use their restroom after I ordered our food. I had to leave them there while I backtracked eight miles in the rain to find a bathroom! It took me twenty minutes to get to a bathroom and back. The woman told my wife they did have a bathroom but I couldn't use it because she was afraid of vandalism! We payed for our pizza and left. The employees were very snooty and rude, the place was run down and dirty, and the food honestly wasn't that great. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Do yourself a favor and keep driving.

2  Thank wdiffenderfer
Reviewed July 1, 2010

the best food that i ever had, never leave there hungry. And the people are great. Real nice down home atmosphere.