“Phenominal!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Amazing food! Best sit down spot in Downeast Maine! If you say this food is not authentic, you are not being honest with this site or yourself! i know first hand that the food being put out is from authentic sources! To say anything negative about this establishment is rubbish! You will not be disappointed with your choice to visit the amazing staff at Finns!

Reviewed December 16, 2010

What an experience, From the outside it looked like a sleepy little local pub. when we got inside however what a treat. the building completely surrounded a 1930's diner car which is now finn's bar. I don't know how many beers they had on tap but it was a lot. Some local some Irish favorites and many I had never heared of. I tried the oyster stout. Loved it.

The menu was quite large but we went with the waitresses recomendation of bangers beans and mash and Pork tenderloin. I've never had bangers before but they were great. and the pork was the most tender piece of meat I've ever had. We finished up with a cup of tea and guiness choclate cake that blew us away!

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I've been to Finn's 3 times since they opened, and will not go back. The beer selection is ok, the bloody mary's are pretty good- but it takes so long to get a drink, it's not worth it. 5 of us went to brunch there a few months ago, and it took us over 2 hours to get drinks, order and get our food. Our food all came out at different times, and some of the orders were incorrect. When we asked for the check, it took our waittress 25 minutes to separate the orders, even though we'd asked for separate checks when we were seated. The food was good, but not worth the wait or hassle. I read the review about the chef's dirty habits- and unfortunately saw the same thing happening.

4  Thank goodeatsonly
Reviewed December 3, 2010

My wife and I and a friend had lunch here last week. We had the sampler platter and a scotch egg for appetizers, two Fish and Chips, a burger for entrees and for dessert we had the Guinness Chocolate cake. Everything from a tea caddy was wonderful. My wife loved the Fried Artichoke. Our friend loved her scotch egg and burger, saying that the burger was the best she had ever had. The Fish and Chips were an entire fillet of haddock in a mild yet distinctive beer batter. The Guinness Cake was fabulous, having the taste of Guinness without it being overpowering.

The Service was good but a little slow with only one waitress for the dining room for lunch. She was cheerful and kept our order on track.

The tea selection was great, being able to choose from a large variety of blends, all high quality.

Overall, one of the best dining experiences, we've had in DownEast Maine.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Chef JP has put together a fantastic menu and his years of training in French culinary art shines through. I was in town several weeks for work and tried just about everything on the menu. It is impossible to get a bad meal there. The atmosphere (especially at the bar) was relaxed and cheerful. Anyone expecting a stiff, rigid and "proper" dining experience should probably go elsewhere. It is exactly what one should expect from a pub, and much more. The staff and setting were top notch as well. It was the best dining experience within a 25-mile radius.