“Very good of its kind”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Having eater there again recently, I decided to post a review.

'Irish pub' billing tends to fill me with a certain dread of tasteless mush kissed by the microwave. Finn's is a good deal better than that - quite large portions, a decent effort to give the dishes some flavor, very nice service and keen pricing that makes the place good value. I'd say easily the best value in Ellsworth, a town where the alternatives are not enticing.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were recommended to Finn's by the Bed and Breakfast we were staying in. The service was excellent and food was very good. The price of the food was reasonable. Overall very happy with our experience.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Finn's is a low-key pub with a wide selection of beer and cider on tap, and is great for mussels and beer. Try the Irish nachos and their homemade chips. Super crispy and delicious!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Excellent food, nice people (staff and clientele) - definitely a "find." They were crowded so we ate at the bar - everything we had was really good. Will look forward to going again.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

It was a drizzly/cloudy Sunday so decided to leave our cottage on the ocean for a little shopping and lunch at Finn's. It was a great choice although I ended up not having the "pub fare" that populated the menu (although I was tempted). Instead I had 6 oysters on the half shell--cold, briny, and absolutely delicious, followed by a cup of excellent clam chowder and a salad. The salad was fine but nothing special. My husband had the Belfast wrap which was essentially a Reuben in a wrap. He said it was great. We washed all this down with some wine (for me) and beer (for him). My only complaint is that our service was a little slow (people near us who ordered after us had their food before we did) but then I reminded myself that I am on vacation and need to slow down. LOL. All in all, very good. I'd like to go back and try the Scotch egg and have another platter of oysters--maybe a dozen this time.