“Always festive and fun”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The staff is always welcoming and the food is top notch! Definitely a place to go have a couple beers and Irish nachos, oh and the beer battered haddock one of my favorite

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We do not get out to eat very often, but, if we do, I will opt for Finns!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down, one of the best dining experiences that we have ever had. Great wait staff, nice atmosphere, and as a very serious "Foody", I was very very pleased with the meals. Four of us went, and we all shared a variety of dinners. Each one was different and delicious. We did not have to wait long for our appetizers, or drinks. Try the crabmeat salad. Sooooooo good. I loved the quality of the greens, and fresh crabmeat was such a treat. The dressing was the perfect compliment for the salad. The steak was so tender that it did not require a steak knife to cut it. The chef has my admiration! The experience was like a dance, and you do not want the music to stop.

1  Thank anniespride
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Thanks to Beth from Finn’s, who gave us a gift certificate because of our previous experience at Finn’s on March 16th, my husband and I went back on April 11th.

We were extremely impressed with the difference! Our waitress, Megan G. instructed us to sit where we would like. She followed us right to our table & took our drink order at that time. My husband was trying to decide on our dinner, she put our app in promptly. My husband ordered a cocktail. He ordered a Long Island Iced Tea. This is a drink that can go either way. He was very impressed with the skill of the bartender to make a Long Island Iced Tea that doesn’t taste like he was drinking antifreeze. Our waitress was very energetic and really appeared to enjoy working at Finn’s.

Our appetizer was delivered in a timely fashion. We ordered the Irish Nachos, which were just as we had remembered them from previous experiences.

My husband ordered the Grilled Salmon, and I ordered a burger. My husband’s salmon was cooked to his liking. My burger was cooked exactly as I had ordered it. I ordered it with the wonderful dill potato salad.

The only complaint we had, was we wish we had left room for desert! Thank you Finn’s for restoring our faith in the service and quality of your restaurant.

1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Two of our friends had arrived before my husband, daughter and myself . Sometime after we were seated, the waitress arrived with their drinks. Without even acknowledging us, she put down their drinks and left for at least ten minutes. She finally came back and took our drink order. The ordering and delivering of the meal was without incident and she came back and asked if we wanted more drinks. We ordered three more beer. She came back to the table three times to ask what kind of beer we wanted. Our two friends indicated to her that they wanted their check. She brought back one check for all of us and quickly disappeared again. When we finally saw her again we indicated that we wanted two separate checks and she said to just give her the two credit cards and she could run part of the bill on one and the rest on the other. So now we had to figure out who owed what. We worked it out that our friends owed around forty dollars and we owed around seventy. She disappeared for another ten minutes. She arrived and took the two credit cards and was told three times before she left which card was to be charged forty dollars and which was to be charged seventy. Again a lengthy wait and brought the receipts to be signed and yes, that's right , she put the wrong amounts on each card. So rather than getting her to try to straighten the mess out, we had to rifle through our wallets to make up the difference to our friends. When a place is busy, it is imperative that orders be written down! The last time we ate there we had horrible food. The food this time was alright but we won't be back for a meal again.

3  Thank pegclegg
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I manage to visit Finn's on a fairly regular basis. They consistently offer a warm greeting, quick service and excellent fare. Like any establishment on a particularly busy day, holiday or special event, I have had to wait occasionally. Down east establishments cannot keep staff on standby like city restaurants can. However, when they are busy (which, of course, is a result of everyone wanting to be there!), the employee's timely check-ins and updates more than make up for a busy kitchen. Overall, a wonderful environment where you are always welcome, made to feel at home and leave completely satisfied. They have also attracted a clientele that are equally welcoming. A true "local" pub.