“What happened?”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ellsworth
“What happened?”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband & I have been to this establishment many times. We have come with large groups and just the two of us.
We have had fast and attentive service every tube... Until tonight. Our waitress forgot to put our appetizer in. she offered to put it in after I pointed it out when she bright our meal. She would have realized our if she had bothered to check back with us at all after bringing our such order. My food also seemed a little cold. I hope that next time it is better, or it may stop being one of our favorite places.

Surry, Maine
“Finn's Pub”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Cosy place for lunch and dinner - some entertainment some days - good atmosphere

Bangor, Maine
“Alright Food, Lacking Service.”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I went here for lunch one day with a coworker of mine, while in Ellsworth one day. Having never been myself, I relied on my coworkers past experience. Finn's is cozy, a little hole in the wall, but if you can find it, it's alright. Once we did, we sat down, and placed a drink order, all was going well, but we didn't receive our drinks for maybe 15 minutes. It seemed there was only one waitress on, and she was completely devoid of personality, which is a real shame.

Our food came out about 30mins after ordering, and was good. There were some odd garnishes, but getting past that, the food tasted good, and wasn't overly pricey.

All in all, Finns was ok, it would be great if the service was better, and if the food came out a bit faster, but when you do get it, it's not bad. There are better and worse places in Ellsworth. I'll give Finn's another chance down the road, perhaps in the summer when they are busier.

• Visited December 2011
Lamoine, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sometimes great, sometimes not”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Too inconsistent. On a good day, the fish & chips have been the best I've had anywhere--a huge portion w/a light crispy tempura-like batter. But the past few times have been pretty disappointing--half the size w/a soggy bready batter. I was told by an employee that the portion size and batter quality depends on who makes the batter in the morning. Not a good sign when the owner is unaware or ambivalent about the quality of such a classic pub-food item, especially given the location of the restaurant. The side dish portions for a pub are also quite meager and not offering hand-cut fries of some kind is a mystery. The chips are only just ok. On a good note though, the burgers are consistently excellent...at least so far.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Olive D
Corea, Maine
“Really nice for a change”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We met friends there for an anniversary dinner. The wife of one of our party is a little particular about where she would eat in Ellsworth (dinner) and Finns got the nod. I like the Irish beer and the food is always tasty, that is it tastes a little better than other places. We were all pleased with the meal and the service. Our waitress had a cool tattoo also.
The atmosphere in the back could be improved, when it is just my wife and I , we like to sit in the tables that face out onto the sidewalk of downtown Ellsworth.
We go to Finns for something special.

• Visited November 2011