“Really nice for a change”
Review of Finn's Irish Pub

Finn's Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We met friends there for an anniversary dinner. The wife of one of our party is a little particular about where she would eat in Ellsworth (dinner) and Finns got the nod. I like the Irish beer and the food is always tasty, that is it tastes a little better than other places. We were all pleased with the meal and the service. Our waitress had a cool tattoo also.
The atmosphere in the back could be improved, when it is just my wife and I , we like to sit in the tables that face out onto the sidewalk of downtown Ellsworth.
We go to Finns for something special.

1  Thank Bill W

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I went with a friend on a Saturday night. They had a nice selection of beer on tap, as well as a tradition pub menu. The service is great and friendly, prices reasonable. They had live music which was audible and not too loud that it would drown out your conversation. The owners are great people and I will be happy to go back.

The one minor complaint was my order arrived slightly cold. It was a busy night so no harm done.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a great place to go with friends and family. It is intimate enough for a romantic dinner, yet spacious enough for a group up to six people.
The food was good, portions were good, and our server was personable.
I would suggest changes in the desert menu. I felt that the deserts were stale and slightly bland.
I would go back again.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was in the mood for some comfort food. Mark was in the mood for Finn's. This time we sat at the bar, invited by a bartender with a great sense of humor. The bar is in a diner car of the same style as others we have found in the New England area. Love the dark wood, subdued tones! I ordered the Mac and Dogs. Hot, creamy, but not too creamy and grilled hotdogs in New England rolls. A perfect meal for the day. It was great to see that the pub was busy, but that did not dampen the humor and laughter. Thanks for a really great lunch! What did Mark have, you ask? The crab wrap...one of his favorites.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Nice menu. Reasonably priced. Good location. Nice atmosphere.