“good”

Jasper's Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed May 18, 2014

quiet warm dry didnt stink(perfume) and the staff was friendly...coffee in the office...said there would be muffins and if you wait long enough there are blueberry they were really good but the timing was horrible to get them all in all a good stay..second stay would return again price good aaa discount 66 so was happy with that.older motel not fancy but was clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jasper's Motel & Restaurant

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent one night here while driving through Ellsworth. The motel room was clean and the bed was comfortable but a bit saggy. The bathroom was clean and basic amenities were offered ie: soap and shampoo. There was not a mini fridge or microwave in the room. The big issue for me was the telephone service...the power had not been restored from a previous storm which in and of itself was not a problem. The problem was: when I tried to make a collect call to Canada (from the office phone & from the room phone ) I was told by the service provider ( Fairpoint ) that they could not place a collect call ( or any 3rd party call ) to Canada as it was against Federal regulations to do so! They were insistent that these regulations would not have allowed me to make a collect call from any phone, anywhere in the US, to Canada and if I had in the past done so I was doing it against the law. The evening and night manager tried to help but they were also told by the provider that it was not possible. I have traveled extensively in the States and have NEVER had a problem placing a collect call to Canada. Troy, one of the managers, was as baffled as I was and was going to try to get the matter clarified in the AM. I hope he was successful. He was very helpful, which I appreciated. I would recommend a stay here as it was a clean and comfortable room with staff going out of their way to be accommodating. I would give 5 stars for value if the phones had worked.

Room Tip: I was in room 13 and found it to be quiet even though it was toward the front of the motel. I would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am from this area and rarely need to stay in a motel, but occasionally when there is a snowstorm I stay at Jasper's so I don't have to drive the dangerous roads home. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the motel is quiet. It may not be the fanciest place, but thats why there are such great rates! As a bonus you get 10% off your meal in the restaurant and the food there is delicious, I eat there whenever I crave fresh seafood!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place has the food that you can't stop eating. The room are sweet. I'll will come back every weekend. And I can't stop eating the food. I like the rooms family friendly and the kid live the food also.
I like the services here to.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jake6969
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to this motel and was nervous because of the cheap price, but to my surprise it was very clean, had very friendly employees, and we had a great stay while here! I would recommend this place to anyone trying to find a fair priced place to stay. I went during the ice storm of 2013 being without power and heat I welcomed the idea of a hotel room with a hot shower, tv, and heat. I assumed that the employees would be stressed out because thousands had lost power due to the storm but they were kind, friendly, and professional. I will absolutely be staying at Jaspers hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I have been visiting Jasper's when we see family in Ellsworth for years. We stay at Jasper's and are always happy. The rooms are not fancy, but we don't expect it with such a great price. They are ALWAYS clean and the housekeeping staff is very friendly and helpful when we need something

We also make sure to save time to eat at Jasper's with the family whenever we come down. This restaurant always has fresh seafood and the kids meals are very fairly priced at less than $5/plate. The big seafood platter is a great deal and there is SO MUCH FOOD! The waitstaff is very knowledgeable about the menu and the hostess is always very friendly.

We will keep coming here year after year as long as they keep up their standards of cleanliness, friendly atmosphere and the great food!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Runfree18
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Unfairly discriminates. Lets some people cancel reservations and not others. Management lies to your face to make up reasons for their discriminatory practices. Rooms are small with one small window with no amenities. It felt like we were locked in a cellar. Everyone else in our group staying at Jasper's cancelled their second night reservations and got a refund. We were told they have a strict no cancellation refund policy. Stay somewhere else if possible!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DeanH123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Jasper's Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!