“Interesting,Trendy, and Unique”

Cuisines: Seafood
New York City, New York, Usa
“Interesting,Trendy, and Unique”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This attractive place is on Water Street in Eastport , near all the galleries and gift shops The large interior is quite trendy with interesting lighting, stained glass, and lots of great atmosphere. We felt the chef was over reaching his (or her) ability....trying to use a more complicated set ingredients which would appear on the menu as sophisticated, and
up to date(trendy) than he could really handle. On the menu, a salad does not have to have 10 ingredients thrown into it in order to make it good.
We guessed the owner was trying too hard to bring the food scene in Eastport into the 21st century, but perhaps by keeping the ingredients fresh(which they were), but more simple and well prepared this place would still bring in tourists and locals alike. The service, and décor were marvelous, and I really wish I could have rated the Landmark higher as it is obvious much thought and care has gone into it.

Visited August 2014

East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Relaxinf place to have dinner”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good food and fast service. I had the Landmark Haddock, which was tasty. My wife had the Cranberry Pork which she said was good but the cranberries tasted like they were from a can and she had expected better. Beer and wine are available. Nicer ambiance than most of the other restaurants in town.

• Visited August 2014
Portland, Maine
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was recommended by my Inn host so I went; I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp. When it arrived, the shrimp had been thickly coated with a blackening season that I couldn't eat (not mentioned on the menu) and the salad greens were room temperature and limp. The server replaced the shrimp with some that were not coated, but it was very obvious that they were precooked frozen shrimp. I enjoyed the location and the decor of the restaurant and found the server to be friendly.

Visited July 2014
Eastport, Maine
“Pretty place, good food, lousy service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Eastport invites all of Maine to enjoy the 4th of July Holiday in their city and yet this beautiful restaurant was woefully understaffed the night we went there for a 7 p.m. light dinner. The food was delicious, once it arrived. I had the Haddock Burger. Waiting for everything and not being able to speak with the wait staff for long stretches of time really strained my delight with the tasty sandwich. Draft beer and soda were flat, but we couldn't get the attention of the waitress to ask for a replacement or remedy.

This Water Street building formerly housed the Pickled Herring. Newly decorated and renamed it opened in November 2013 to mixed reviews. We continue to have high hopes that this restaurant will work out some of its problems and match the service with the excellent food. Next time we visit Eastport we will try an appetizer at the bar and see if that goes better.

• Visited July 2014